Sucessful protocols and clinics for low amh

Jaybo

Reaction score
Hi ladies :wave:

I'm hoping someone might be able to offer opinions or experiences of good IVF protocols for low AMH/poor response to treatment.

I have an AMH level of 2.6 pmol and we've just had a BFN from our first cycle. :cry: We did a long protocol (Buserelin and Menopur) with the NHS and I didn't respond well at all (only 3 eggs and 1 fertilised, 3dt).

We're waiting for our follow-up appointment, but I really feel I need a plan now and something to look forward to!

Any suggestions for UK clinics (preferably nr London) would also be very welcome!

Thank-you! :flower:

Hi
So sorry to hear your cycle was unsuccessful. I've done a couple of long protocols like yours, I also did a few antagonist cycle but because my reserve and quality is so low, it didn't work for me. Everyone is different and you might find a long protocol works another time. The important
thing I think is that the clinic adapts your protocol as you go if you need to rather than sticking to their guns, which in my experience is whst nhs tend to do.
Have a look in the hfea website, if you're near london you will have lots of choice of clinic.
Lots of luck.
Xx

Thanks for your reply MrsG. Yes that was my experience with the NHS too - they didn't seem very open to adusting anything as we went along, so hopefully I may respond better on a different protocol or with a different clinic.

Sorry your first cycles didn't work out for you. I see from your signiture your PUPO from a DE cycle! :happydance: Good luck xx

Hi Jaybo!

Stalking this as was just looking for low amh threads to join. From what I've read short protocol and flare protocol are usually reported to be better for low amh ladies like us.... Although my amh is 3 and as you know although I got 6 eggs, only 2 fertilised and only 1 made it to transfer.

Hope some more ladies will join us with tips x

As you girls may know.. I did a Femara Antagonist Protocol, no bcp start.

I was on 225 Follistim/1 vial of Menopur and on Femara only days 3-7. I started Ganirilex mid cycle to prevent ovulation. Seems to have worked great for me! Ask your RE's about this.

One of my friends whose Amh was 2.2 has twin girls following treatment at Argo after 3 failed cycles at other clinics

Just had a look at argc and their success rates are phenomenal! 80% success in under 35!! It says they do take patients with complex infertility but I wonder if they treat lie amh as I can't see how their success could be so good!

If this cycle fails I'm calling them for a chat for sure!! Thanks minty x

Thanks girls, I've got a few appointments coming up towards the end of March so I'll update with any tips I get! I'm already quite set on the Lister clinic as their website is so 'AMH friendly' :haha: and they seem keen on immune testing, which I think is part of my problem. But trying to reserve judgement until we've looked at a few clinics.

Beneath - I'll definitely be asking my RE about the protocol you were on this cycle! Thanks for adding it here I was looking back through the January thread but couldn't find it.

Minty - thanks for your suggestion. I had looked at ARGC's success rate of 80% and like MrsW thought perhaps that they wouldn't treat someone with low AMH, but I'll definitely give them a call now.:thumbup:

Ooh let us know what they say jaybo! Lister is my other option x

MrsW I will let you know how it goes, but I'm keeping everything crossed you won't need to plan another cycle :hugs: xx

Google Dr gorgy. Expensive but a miracle worker. Good luck!

Thanks Spingflower, I'll take a look :flower:

Well worth it. I Had 3 previous cycles before I found him. First cycle with him I fell pregnant with twins. I Then had a natural surprise (yes it really can happen!) and he kept this pregnancy going resulting in a term baby. I honestly don't think I would have children without him.

Jaybo, just wondered if you had called any clinics as yet?

I am 99.9% sure my cycle hasn't worked, so I called the Lister today. Since they are amh experts I think we will go with them. They seem brilliant, I got an appointment for next week!

Spingflower wow he does sound amazing! Thank you for sharing your story and congratulations on your babies.

MrsW - so sorry you think you're out, this is so tough. I've been putting off ringing clinics actually :blush: not sure why I've just suddenly got overwhelmed about trying again (well failing again really!) I'm booked on the open evening at the Lister but I'm wondering if I'm better off just calling up and making a consultation actually, not sure how much I will get from the open evening. That's great you got an appointment so quickly. Are you looking anywhere else? Mmm I might just bite the bullet and start ringing round tomorrow. We can be cycle buddies again! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->