Such bizarre feelings right now. Help.

puffers121

Reaction score
The past few nights I've felt like I've gotten no sleep. Before, it was hard for me to even wake up or not take a nap!

2 nights ago, I felt like I was about to give a big presentation or have the first day of school (nervous stomach and jitters) the entire night, yet not connected to any feelings at all. It just felt physical. Then, last night my legs wouldn't settle. I kept kicking, cracking my toes, tossing and turning, shaking my legs uncontrollably, etc. It was so odd and never had that before. After squeezing my legs under my husband's heavy body, I was able to relax and sleep. Now all of today has been back to the unexplained anxiety feeling along with morning sickness.

Anyone else experience this odd insomnia? I think I'd rather go back to being sleepy all the time!

That sounds exactly like restless leg syndrome, which I thought tended to happen later in pregnancy but is definitely a pregnancy thing.
In terms of not feeling connected to anything, I get that and it is tiredness for sure! Whenever I'm really really tired, I start feeling like nothing I do is real and I'm imagining everything that's happening. It's such a weird and unpleasant feeling. I hope you get to sleep again soon!

I agree, definitely sounds like restless legs syndrome. I have a mild case of it (always have, nothing specific to pregnancy). There is some research, if I remember correctly, that points to it possibly having to do with a magnesium deficiency? I don't remember exactly, but you may want to do some research. There are some meds you can take to manage it, but not sure you'd want to or if they are pregnancy safe anyway. But perhaps some nutritional adjustments might help. Are you taking a pregnancy vitamin? I'd maybe try taking some magnesium, up to the safe maximum and see if it helps.

Thanks. It felt like I was having seizures in my legs or something. It was so weird. I went to zumba to burn energy and got a hot shower after. REALLY hoping for a good night's sleep tonight after that...

Not a fan of this random anxious feeling I keep getting lately, which I feel is bothering me more than the legs. I've felt it all day! I don't mentally feel anxious about anything :-\

I would bet that the strange anxious feeling is related to tiredness, or maybe just hormones. Either way it will pass!

Could be hormones at this stage. Pregnancy can do allsorts of crazy things to our bodies and emotional state. I felt anxious and down the first 12 weeks this time. It was obviously hormones mixed in with worry about my symptoms and looking after my toddler and not being up to doing much at all. X

Yeah, the anxiety and insomnia are not uncommon. I am prone to insomnia during pregnancy. Especially in first and third trimesters, but it's off and on all the way through. It's currently 4:30 in the morning where I live, and I've been awake for almost 2 hours now. Throughout weeks 11-16 of this pregnancy, I spent my nights binge watching trash TV shows. It eased the anxious feeling for me and felt like great "me time" which I don't otherwise get since I have 4 kids at home all of the time, but I would rather be getting some sleep!!!!!

Definitely sounds like restless legs. I have suffered for years with it and it got worse during pregnancy, even early on. The only thing that helps me is I ask my so to put his feet on mine and for some reason that stops me wriggling and helps me relax. Sorry your going through this it really is horrible. Sometimes I can feel mine all the way up my legs and into my back, it's awful. Xx

It hasn't gotten better quite yet, except I finally slept all night last night! It's been a little helpful if I stick my legs under my husband's as I'm going to sleep. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->