Sudden leg swelling

Perplexed

Mommy of 2
Reaction score
Today I suddenly noticed that my legs are very swollen. Not the whole lower leg but large parts of it. Has this happened to anyone? What could this be?

Let your midwife know asap as it can be a sign of pre-eclampsia especially if its come on suddenly.

Thanks ladies...I'll call the clinic in the morning. The swelling isn't too bad right now so hopefully that's a good sign. My BP this pregnancy is slightly higher than it was last pregnancy but it's still within normal ranges. Can it be caused by the change in bp?

yes. When i swelled it was a medical emergency. Call the hospital or doctor/midwife and talk to them.

Call immediately, not in the morning. They may send you to L&D. Swelling in the leg can be preeclampsia OR a blood clot, and both can be life threatening.

Thanks ladies...BP is normal at 121/69 and waiting to talk to the dr. The swelling seems mostly gone.

Swelling can be serious… or not. Best to get it checked out. If you have blurred vision, swelling on one side only, dizziness or if you are drinking loads of water and not needing the loo frequently, I would go straight to the ER.

However, water retention swelling can be totally normal. I currently have elephant feet and kankles (very attractive) and my doctor isn't concerned at all because my BP is normal. It is the middle of summer where I live too which isn't helping.

Hope yours isn't anything serious.

Mine actually went down, by the time I saw the dr it was back to my average pregnancy swelling. Dr wasn't worried as bp was normal. But I'll definitely head in if it's that bad again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->