Sudden Spontaneous Miscarriage at 12 weeks exactly

KatherineA

Reaction score
Hi all

Just needed to share my story on this thread as I am so heartbroken and need to talk to others in the same situation.

Yesterday, I was 12 weeks exactly. I had a scan at 7+4 and was due the 12 week one this Friday. On Sunday I noticed light period cramps which went away. I have had abdominal pain thoughout but only occassionaly and it was put down to streching ligaments and conspitation by GP and Midwife.

Yesterday I went to the loo when the cramping returned and noticed light brown spotting and wasnt overly concerned. An hour later the cramps got worse and I noticed bright red blood. I work in an A&E department and told my supervisor. She had me assessed by another nurse and it was then the cramps turn to contractions and the blood was pouring out.

When I went next door to get a pad I became very pale and collapsed and clots started passing. An A&E doctor came in and I was rushed to maternity.

I was then rushed to threatre where I had an endotracheal tube inserted, transfusion set up and my heart rythm was totally irregular and I nearly had to be shocked back to normal. They told me afterwards I lost 1500ml of blood and was critically ill for 5 minutes of the proceedure until they stabilised me.

I was discharged tonight and am now home feeling totally devestated and wondering what to do next.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

sounds like the placenta detatched from the wall...which can cause hemerage..

im not doc but it does sound alot like this

im so sorry for ur loss....HUGS

xox

Hi all

Just needed to share my story on this thread as I am so heartbroken and need to talk to others in the same situation.

Yesterday, I was 12 weeks exactly. I had a scan at 7+4 and was due the 12 week one this Friday. On Sunday I noticed light period cramps which went away. I have had abdominal pain thoughout but only occassionaly and it was put down to streching ligaments and conspitation by GP and Midwife.

Yesterday I went to the loo when the cramping returned and noticed light brown spotting and wasnt overly concerned. An hour later the cramps got worse and I noticed bright red blood. I work in an A&E department and told my supervisor. She had me assessed by another nurse and it was then the cramps turn to contractions and the blood was pouring out.

When I went next door to get a pad I became very pale and collapsed and clots started passing. An A&E doctor came in and I was rushed to maternity.

I was then rushed to threatre where I had an endotracheal tube inserted, transfusion set up and my heart rythm was totally irregular and I nearly had to be shocked back to normal. They told me afterwards I lost 1500ml of blood and was critically ill for 5 minutes of the proceedure until they stabilised me.

I was discharged tonight and am now home feeling totally devestated and wondering what to do next.

Does anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

I lost my baby at 12 weeks to, and had to have a D&C. Nothing as traumatic as what you went through, but still very hard one me. :hugs:

It's been 3 weeks... it's getting easier. Doctor told me to wait 3-4 months, but I'm not going to listen. After my af, I plan on starting again, and that fills me with excitement. I'm also really nervous though, because I'm scared it might happen again. It was my first pregnancy and first mc.

It's harder than I thought it would be. So I'm sorry you had to go through this too. :cry:

I had a spontaneous miscarriage with my first pregnancy at 12 weeks just days before my scan. I was 12 weeks and thought I was 'safe' so I had started to tell everyone. Just days later I lost my Lil Peanut. Like you, it had started as some mild brown spotting but I had heard this was 'normal' so tried to ignore it. It went red so I went to the ER but was told "I was fine" without anything being done. The next morning I felt some waves of intense cramps...I was too naive to recognize them as contractions. Then I felt this weird burst between my legs and the next thing I knew my legs were soaked with blood and this clear fluid. Thankfully, dh was home and the ER was only 10 minutes away. It took me about an hour to pass everything and I was lucky in that the bleeding stopped on its own. I didn't need a d&c or any other intervention which is kind of shocking considering how far along I was. I had seen a perfectly healthy baby on scan at 10 weeks so it's not like the baby had been dead for weeks.

Your story sounds really quite scary. I have had some intense blood gushes and needed an emergency d&c with my latest loss but it really was quite 'boring' at the time.

I'm so sorry for your loss and the scare your body put you through. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Thank you so much everyone for your replies and shared experiences. This is so hard and is something anyone who has had the experience will never get over.

I wish all you ladies well and hope that time heals. Thanks for your support xxx

Oh wow. I feel so bad you had to go through that. It's traumatic enough to miscarry but to get intubated and defib'd. I'm so sorry.

I just experienced a complete miscarriage at 13 weeks about two weeks ago. I had only found out that I was pregnant a few weeks earlier. This was not a planned pregnancy but it stil is very difficult. I am living with my sister and her husband and they have an 8 month old daughter that makes me smile every morning...but I am starting to have a really difficult time when I see people with babies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->