Sudden strange symptoms. What could it be?

wannabemama24

Mama to Rylan & pregnant
Reaction score
I'm 37 weeks today. The last three to four days I've have horrible upper abdominal pain which feels like my ribs are being pushed apart even though my baby has dropped. It's a terrible stretching tenderness. It makes my muscles feel like they are on fire! For the first time in my life, literally, my feet and ankles swelled like crazy last night while working. They are still swollen now even though I've been keeping them up all day. I know swelling can be linked to preeclampsia but my blood pressure has been fine my whole pregnancy. I'm really starting to get scared and I'm wondering if anyone has experienced any of these strange symptoms? Any advice is appreciated! I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow so I haven't bothered to call to bug them.

Hi.

I had raised bp at the end, along with swelling and was told to get in touch with my dr if I experienced stomach aches so call to be safe.

Good luck and keep us posted.x

Hi.

I had raised bp at the end, along with swelling and was told to get in touch with my dr if I experienced stomach aches so call to be safe.

Good luck and keep us posted.x

Thank you! Im going to see what my doctor says tomorrow. Luckily my bp is staying low but the other symptoms are strange.

My bp started to rise towards the end of my pregnancy, as well as ankle/feet swelling, and they had me going to L&D twice a week for non stress tests. At my first one I was told that if I had any upper abdominal pain to call my doctor or L&D right away.

Even though baby has dropped can still get pain/pressure under the ribs.

My right foot kept swelling up for first time in my life but my bp been fine, and nothing in my wee. My mw said when baby goes into pelvis can lie on these points that can cause swelling. Plus just weight from the bump.

If i start to feel unwell, headaches etc when swelling happens to contact her or hosp for advice.

I had rib pain nearly the whole of third tri with ds, they have to expand to make room.
Xx

Depending on baby's position, I have the same pain with the right side of my ribs. I can't lay certain ways or it's like he hits a part of it and it KILLS.

Thanks for responding everyone. I have my appointment at 3:30 so I'm hoping to get some insight on what may be going on. It just doesn't feel right and I have a bad feeling. I could just be an overly paranoid FTM but I have this weird feeling I guess intuition? Who knows! Maybe it's just what you've all said and is normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->