Suddenly everyone else is pregnant?!!....

doggylover

Mum of 4
Reaction score
I know I am very lucky to have two wonderful (mostly!!) kids. And I know that we are only on cycle 1 of ttc (after one cycle of ntnp)

But already it seems like lots of people around me, with kids the same age as my DS are now pregnant. I've heard of two today alone!!!!

And of course I am happy for them, but does anyone else just feel that pull of "NOT FAIR!" Every time someone else announces? I know it's probably silly and childish of me, but I remember from ttc my DD how rubbish it used to make me feel, and assumed by the time I was ttc#3 that it wouldn't matter so much.

Feeling deflated... only one cycle in.

It's a totally normal reaction, so don't feel too guilty about the way that you're feeling! Acknowledge it, let yourself feel it, and work through it. Remember, though, to be kind even if you're feeling envious of their pregnancies. :)

I literally could have written this word for word. We are first cycle TTC #3 and it seems like everyone I know is announcing their pregnancies! My sister, a bunch of friends and about 4 women from my mothers group with my first child have all just announced their thirds. Hang in their mama, it’ll be our turn soon!

Fingers crossed for us both, Kayleigh_jane. Hopefully our no3s will decide they don't want to miss out on all the fun!

Oh dill, I'm always super positive about everyone else's pregnancy. It's such an exciting time for them, i would never take that from anyone. After my second baby was born, and I mean the day after, a very close friend found out her unborn baby had a life limiting chromosomal disorder. Even though she knew she'd never have her baby alive, she never once showed anything but joy to my son, and it was amazing. If she can be strong in the face of that, I can definitely overcome my silly jealousy!

It isn't silly jealousy. You can't help how you feel. I'm sorry to hear about your friend though, that must be incredibly hard and I can't begin to imagine how hard.
But you know, feeling the way you do now doesn't make you silly, it makes you human. I know what you mean, I feel the same too. This is our 16th cycle and we have had chemicals for the previous six cycles in a row, with a couple more chemicals before these and it just gets so disheartening. Then you see others announce their pregnancies and as much as you are happy for them, you can't help but feel you're trailing behind and wondering why on earth you're bothering still when it seems like heartbreak after heartbreak.
It's completely normal to feel what you're feeling and doesn't in any way mean you're being silly or not feeling happy for others

I'm so sorry to hear about the difficult road you've been down so far, happycupcake. Sending huge hugs for you. I had a mc when trying for our first, and imagining six times over, how you go on is incredible. Your strength is amazing. Xx

Thanks. Miscarriage is awful and I'm sorry you have had to experience it. It really is heartbreaking, I know. But somehow you get past it, you don't forget but you learn to live with it and move forward.
I think I'm just stubborn lol x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->