Suddenly feeling incredibly irritated and down in general?

pradabooties

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I feel like since I hit 20 weeks pregnant, a couple of days ago now, my mood has just altered and I feel awful. I feel really down, stressed, deflated and generally worried. On top of that I feel incredibly irritated... I feel like I just want to pick and argue at every thing my poor SO says or does. Does anyone else feel this way or did around 20 weeks?

I've had a few stresses lately but not sure if they've been the cause. I got a new job which was very exciting and suited my pregnancy and everything perfectly then after my first 2 weeks the employer fired me without reason - he didn't know I was pregnant (never actually met him, he works remotely) so its not that and I didn't make any errors so it was a big shock. It wasn't a full time job so he legally didn't have to give any reason.

Besides that I've been emailing back and forth with the clinic that did my 20 week scan as I got zero keepsake photos from it. They basically told me they won't redo it, even if I pay, and don't care about keepsake photos so now I have to pay a fair bit of money to get a 4D scan done at an elective clinic if I want any photo of my baby before delivering in 20 weeks.

I also just feel like my SO is sort of too laid back about our impending arrival. When we first found out he was INCREDIBLE for the first couple of months, he's bad with money but had started saving and had stopped drinking (not a heavy drinker but a regular one) and was being very doting and caring. Now it feels like the initial surprise has faded he's back to normal and hasn't been saving and is back to having beers every night. He's not a drunk and we're not entirely broke and he is still caring and loving but I guess maybe I just miss the initial rush of protectiveness and motivation that he had?

Sorry ladies, its a big vent. Just feeling really odd because up until now I have been really calm and content during the pregnancy and I feel I've lost that peace of mind

I'm sorry you're having a rough patch.

I've felt that way a bit since my 20 week (22+5 now)...I think mainly because I'm anxious waiting for the next milestone - the big V-Day! I kind of just felt like I was in this weird in between stage...like it was too early to be making big plans but I was already relatively uncomfortable pregnant - my bump popped right at 19-20 weeks, so all the telling everyone fun was over/the gender reveal...to early to do much room prep (I'd be for it, but my DH -I'm being critical here because he's exceptionally busy @ work right now/had a 2 week travel trip that was part of his "I'm not traveling for the rest of the year" arrangement - is dragging his feet a little and I'm actually fluffy enough I won't be doing too much heavy lifting myself)....so, yes, I was just very blagh...

...if it helps, as that day has gotten closer, I think I do find myself being a little more upbeat.

Have you felt little one move yet? I didn't feel mine until 19-20 weeks (19+4 but who's counting!)...and I also think counting kicks/movements and feeling more every day has been a boost...I'm so terrible...I hate orange juice (SO SWEET AND TART YUCK) - but I love having a cold little glass and sitting down and feeling him bounce all around!

I'm sorry you're having a rough patch.

I've felt that way a bit since my 20 week (22+5 now)...I think mainly because I'm anxious waiting for the next milestone - the big V-Day! I kind of just felt like I was in this weird in between stage...like it was too early to be making big plans but I was already relatively uncomfortable pregnant - my bump popped right at 19-20 weeks, so all the telling everyone fun was over/the gender reveal...to early to do much room prep (I'd be for it, but my DH -I'm being critical here because he's exceptionally busy @ work right now/had a 2 week travel trip that was part of his "I'm not traveling for the rest of the year" arrangement - is dragging his feet a little and I'm actually fluffy enough I won't be doing too much heavy lifting myself)....so, yes, I was just very blagh...

...if it helps, as that day has gotten closer, I think I do find myself being a little more upbeat.

Have you felt little one move yet? I didn't feel mine until 19-20 weeks (19+4 but who's counting!)...and I also think counting kicks/movements and feeling more every day has been a boost...I'm so terrible...I hate orange juice (SO SWEET AND TART YUCK) - but I love having a cold little glass and sitting down and feeling him bounce all around!

Thank you for your reply :) Yes sounds similar to me - a bit in between because I've popped right out and everyone knows/we announced the gender etc so now just waiting to get the nursery sorted etc.
I've been feeling baby wiggle and little kicks since about 18 weeks which has been really nice. She's not strong enough for SO to feel yet though which I think is really getting to him - I can tell he feels a bit disconnected because I can feel her and he can't yet. I think this may be part of the reason why he seems less motivated/doting lately because he's a bit hurt. I hope he can feel her soon :) OJ is a good idea! The main thing that has been getting my little one kicking has been chocolate lol

I feel like this. Feel really down and tearful. Work is very busy and demanding and then my OH hasn't been pulling his weight at home so I feel like I've got loads of my shoulders. Feel down trodden and peed off to be honest! And it doesn't help when people ask how I am, am I stressed etc. Makes it worse.

I have been feeling very down the last week or so and mainly when I am at work :( I think it is because I am uncomfortable now sitting at my desk and plus I just feel really irritated by my boss who sits next to me :wacko:
I am hoping hitting the next big milestone 30 weeks and then final countdown will help lift my mood a little :shrug:

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->