suddenly feeling sore?

teal

Reaction score
I've been breastfeeding my son for 15 months and over the last few days he's really not been nursing as often as he had been. Every now and again I'm feeling a wave of pain going right down to my nipples. I wasn't sure if this was normal or not and could it be related to my son not nursing as often? I'm not feeling engorged or anything just these waves of pain. :wacko:

I thought I'd ask for advice here first :flower:

Thank you xx

Not sure, but one of the symptoms of thrush is pain after a period of pain free feeding. Any other symptoms that might help work out what it is?
Hope you feel better soon x

Thank you.

I don't have any other symptoms, just feels like a wave of pain every now and again. Although felt more sensitive than usual but I imagine that's just down to being sore.

If it's still there during the week I think I'll try and get an appointment to see dr - just no idea what it is! xx

could be thrush. take acidophilus (you can get it from Holland & Barrett) and it will help get rid of it if you have it, or guard against it if you don't :flower:

Have you got AF back yet? Could it be AF / ovualtion related?

Could be related to the drop in feeds - like your supply regulating or something :shrug:

Im also suddenly feeling sore.it only started yesterday morning and it's only on one side so i don't think it can be thrush.in fact the pain was so bad i had to take him off and give him the other side.it's still sore and throbbing now and im dreading the next feed :(

Thank you for all the replies :flower:

Celesse - AF came back at 12.5 months. Only had two but didn't think could be related to that - thanks!

Feeling a bit better today.

Aphrodite - hope you feel better soon :hugs: I was feeling pain in both sides but it's definitely worse on my right side xx

I did get AF :haha: but I don't think that's what it was. Now have really dry/cracked patch on my right side. Thinking should phone drs tomorrow but for now I guess I should look out the lansinoh! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->