Suddenly refusing bottles, any experiences?

Mum22GTTC

Reaction score
My LO is 12 weeks old and has had bottles of EBM since birth when we have visitors, out for a meal etc (I BF at all other times) - probably has 1 or 2 bottles a week.

Suddenly this week he is refusing. Doesn't even attempt to suck the teat, he just cries and cries. I really thought if he was hungry enough he'd take it but he won't!!

Any experiences/suggestions? As I'm really not comfortable ATM feeding around visitors or at other peoples houses. (Don't mind NIP when DH is with me - just not sitting in my lounge with guests IUKWIM)

TIA:flower:

Not sure but my LO is 13 weeks and he's also just started refusing bottles recently. However, a lady at my baby group has a little girl of 16 weeks and she said her LO also started refusing at 12 weeks. She persevered and just kept offering it every day and eventually she started taking it again. That's what Im trying to do but it's such a pain expressing milk when I know it's likely just to end up down the drain!

Not sure but my LO is 13 weeks and he's also just started refusing bottles recently. However, a lady at my baby group has a little girl of 16 weeks and she said her LO also started refusing at 12 weeks. She persevered and just kept offering it every day and eventually she started taking it again. That's what Im trying to do but it's such a pain expressing milk when I know it's likely just to end up down the drain!

So true!! I suppose that's the only way though - Good luck! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->