Sugar levels high this weekend

tink30

Reaction score
Hello,

Wonder if you can help.. im 29 weeks and ive been controlling my sugar levels really well.. im on insulin and metformin.
The past 2 days im getting a few high readings into the 9's and im worried because diabetic clinic is closed until monday..

Will this be ok for a few days?? having a panic xx

are you type 1? GD?

9 isn't as bad as you prob think tbh - its raised ketones that the hospital become more concerned with......

are you on set insulin doses?

Im type 1 and have been for 30 yrs so wondered if I could help....

aww thanks for replying xx im type 2 had a 4.4 before breakfast and then 9.9 afterwards

because they have been so well controlled so far i freaked out

im on nova rapid insulin and levimer along with metformin.. was just worried it would hurt baby xx

i have 5 set insulins a day x

after eating its natural for your blood sugars to rise - sometimes the rise is large depending on what you're eating.......

I wouldnt worry - you had a good reading before breakfast, see how you go through the day (before meals being the most important readings to check) and if you raise much more call your local hosp and speak to the diabetic doctor on call...

my bloods can shoot up a lot higher than 9 after food but come crashing back down in time for my next meal....and ps - stress can elevate your blood sugars too so try not to worry and drink water to flush the glucose...

I wouldnt worry tho - I deal with worse some days and the hosp dont worry too much - they might just increase your doses a little on Monday.
best wishes xxxxx

after eating its natural for your blood sugars to rise - sometimes the rise is large depending on what you're eating.......

I wouldnt worry - you had a good reading before breakfast, see how you go through the day (before meals being the most important readings to check) and if you raise much more call your local hosp and speak to the diabetic doctor on call...

my bloods can shoot up a lot higher than 9 after food but come crashing back down in time for my next meal....and ps - stress can elevate your blood sugars too so try not to worry and drink water to flush the glucose...

I wouldnt worry tho - I deal with worse some days and the hosp dont worry too much - they might just increase your doses a little on Monday.
best wishes xxxxx

Thanks so much xx have really put my mind at ease :hugs: was gettin paranoid with having something to eat xx

Not sure if it helps, but I've had GD since week 16 or so, and am currently controlling by diet alone. I get the odd high numbers flung in there (8.9/9.2 et), and the diabetic team have never shown too much concern tbh. It is possible to just have 'high days'.
What they tend to look for (by my understanding) is numbers that creep up and up and up consistently. I would make an extra special effort to eat meals that you know have been OK for you in the past, then test. I'd also test again 15-30 minutes later to check if the numbers are going down. I found that I simply take a bit longer to digest food, so I'm on readings at 75 minutes after I start eating (as agreed with my GD team) and they come back in the fine range, even when the 60 minute readings came back high.
x

also breakfasts are commonly the hardest meal to control, so if youre ok after other meals then mention it but dont stress too much. ive been told that as long as its not super super high after breakfast, and if my other meals are ok then just leave it. the levels wont be that high for long anyway, i bet if you tested after another hour it would be a lot lower.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->