Suggestions for getting EWCM?

Kris725

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to get ewcm. I had a ton 2 cycles ago, but unfortunately I was out of town and away from DH. Last cycle I had non, even when I had a positive OPK.
This cycle I got a smiley face on my clearblue OPK on Friday at CD12. I normally ovulate late though (I have 30-33 day cycles) so I'm not sure I trust that. Today on CD 14, I had a blank circle, so clearly no more surge. I have been slightly crampy but absolutely NO ewcm :(
I am trying to drink a lot of water because I've heard that can help increase cm. I've heard Mucinex can help but not sure I like the idea of unnecessary medicine. Should I try Preseed??
Hoping the OPK was wrong and that I haven't ovulated yet, maybe some cm will show up within the next few days.
I have been TTC for 9 months, after my 2nd miscarriage, and I'm just really losing hope.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Hi Kris725

When i was using OPK's we bd on & around & after 6 months still nothing, wasnt until my last cycle (that i fell pg with my son who is nearly 3) that i did BBT & it appeared i wasnt ovulating until 3-4 days after i got a positive on the OPK! Because i tracked my temp & carried on bd'ing i managed to hit it lol.. I never got alot of ewcm either, drinking lots of water generally is supposed to help but who knows.. I used Concieve Plus lube which is fertile friendly like ewcm. Have u googled on how to increase it?

Oh forgot to say that the cycle i fell pg i had no ewcm! I think we all get a little bit but its high up at the cervix perhaps.. X

Mucinex
Robitussin (plain, not DM or anything extra)
Plain grapefruit juice

Lots of water

I use all of the above lol

Hi Kris725

When i was using OPK's we bd on & around & after 6 months still nothing, wasnt until my last cycle (that i fell pg with my son who is nearly 3) that i did BBT & it appeared i wasnt ovulating until 3-4 days after i got a positive on the OPK! Because i tracked my temp & carried on bd'ing i managed to hit it lol.. I never got alot of ewcm either, drinking lots of water generally is supposed to help but who knows.. I used Concieve Plus lube which is fertile friendly like ewcm. Have u googled on how to increase it?
Thank you for your response! I think I'm also probably ovulating later than the OPK says. Is conceive plus lube similar to preseed? I haven't tried either but I would like to. Gives me some hope that you got pregnant even when you didn't see ewcm!
I did google it, and seems like water, green tea, and grapefruit juice are popular things to try. It's strange because some cycles I have a lot and then go through phases like last month and now where I don't. Hoping that some sperm friendly lube will help!
Thanks again :)

Mucinex
Robitussin (plain, not DM or anything extra)
Plain grapefruit juice

Lots of water

I use all of the above lol
Thanks! Definitely going to try grapefruit juice and more water. If no luck then I'll probably try Mucinex

Green tea and grapefruit juice. I tried everything when we were ttc ds so not sure what finally worked but this time all I did was increase water, switch from normal to green tea and drank grapefruit juice. Best ewcm ever!!

I find that consumption of any fruit juice increases my cm, although I did note that since I started juicing, my cm has been in abundance.

Green tea and grapefruit juice. I tried everything when we were ttc ds so not sure what finally worked but this time all I did was increase water, switch from normal to green tea and drank grapefruit juice. Best ewcm ever!!
Thanks! I just bought some grapefruit juice so hoping it helps! Also drinking some green tea as a write this :)

I find that consumption of any fruit juice increases my cm, although I did note that since I started juicing, my cm has been in abundance.
Oh good to know! I wonder what it is in juice that helps. Vitamins?

Evening Primrose and vitex may also help. I got pregnant without much though, so it isn't too necessary!

Evening Primrose and vitex may also help. I got pregnant without much though, so it isn't too necessary!
Thanks! I hope I get pregnant without much cm as well. When is the best time in the cycle to use evening primrose?

Thanks! I hope I get pregnant without much cm as well. When is the best time in the cycle to use evening primrose?

Don't use after O as it causes uterine contractions

Yup, use it until you ovulate then stop. That being said, I was on it with my first pregnancy until 5 weeks or so as I was not trying and did not mean to get pregnant, and she turned out just fine. Was not on it last pregnancy and lost it at 5.5 weeks. It does theoretically cause uterine contractions though so best not to take if pregnant (although my midwife said it was fine in low doses).

Hi Kris725

Thank you for your response! I think I'm also probably ovulating later than the OPK says. Is conceive plus lube similar to preseed? I haven't tried either but I would like to. Gives me some hope that you got pregnant even when you didn't see ewcm!
I did google it, and seems like water, green tea, and grapefruit juice are popular things to try. It's strange because some cycles I have a lot and then go through phases like last month and now where I don't. Hoping that some sperm friendly lube will help!
Thanks again :)

Yes if preseed is fertile friendly lube as such & gives sperm lots good stuff to swim in lol! Ooh grapefruit juice, may have to get me some of that...:) Im pretty sure im ov'ing or in my fertile period at the moment as im getting the twinges everywhere.. No ewcm though! Conceive plus vosts £15ish in uk..

Oh good to know! I wonder what it is in juice that helps. Vitamins?

I've no clue why I get more cm if I drink freshly made juice. Could be the vitamins, although again I have no clue! :dohh: Sorry I couldnt be of more help!

Yes if preseed is fertile friendly lube as such & gives sperm lots good stuff to swim in lol! Ooh grapefruit juice, may have to get me some of that...:) Im pretty sure im ov'ing or in my fertile period at the moment as im getting the twinges everywhere.. No ewcm though! Conceive plus vosts £15ish in uk..
Yes preseed is sperm friendly too:) I tried it the other night..so we shall see! I also tried some grapefruit juice, and no ewcm but I did get some cm within an hour of drinking it, could be coincidence. Maybe I should drink more but I don't care for the taste lol.
Goodluck with getting ewcm during this ovulation! I'm on cycle day 16 now, and still not sure if I ovulated yet, but like you I keep getting twinges/mild cramps. Fingers crossed for us both!!

Yes preseed is sperm friendly too:) I tried it the other night..so we shall see! I also tried some grapefruit juice, and no ewcm but I did get some cm within an hour of drinking it, could be coincidence. Maybe I should drink more but I don't care for the taste lol.
Goodluck with getting ewcm during this ovulation! I'm on cycle day 16 now, and still not sure if I ovulated yet, but like you I keep getting twinges/mild cramps. Fingers crossed for us both!!

Yeah you gotta drink a few glasses a day

i have been trying to use different things for increased cm, drinking water, but i have been using coconut oil for lube and last night i used Canola oil, i have to say i liked the way the Canola oil felt but i think it made me alil itchy so im not doing that no more, the coconut oil is great but no as smooth as the other....will be using the coconut oil for the rest of this cycle and if it don't work i am getting preseed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->