• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

suggestions for reads on diet for adhd etc

shopgirl771

mum to Jacob
Reaction score
its been suggested to me today at my prelim Caf assessment that diet can be crucial in adhd/aspergers/autistic kids and its something id like to investigate however even from a very quick skim over google and amazon i can see loads of books that cover various differing ideas and concepts on diet options:wacko:

im a bit phased tbh and im wondering if anyone has any suggestions of a good read i can start with (or website)?

im also going to request allergy testing from our GP which was suggested to me some time ago.

I don't have any advice on books but just my own experience.
My son doesn't have ADHD but can her extremely hyperactive. We had an allergy test done via a homeopathic doctor. We were advised on this to cut out pretty much all e-numbers and preservatives. Try to cook from scratch as much as you can. Also cut out as much sugar as you can - including naturally occurring ones. Most fruits are ok but things like grapes actually have a lot of sugar in them and they will cause my son to go hyper.

Thanks. I've already looked into E numbers and sugars a bit. My social worker mentioned her son had to cut out all red foods. Not just red additives but red fruit and veg and anything red. We're booked into the dr on weds so I'm going to ask about allergy testing then. X

I have adhd and so does most of my siblings. We all had to gluten free, red dye #5 free, and sugar free. That covers the basics. Gluten was the hardest to rid ourselves of. That crap is in EVERYTHING!
Check for wheat allergies. You may be able to cook with soy gluten like I do.
And I agree to cook from scratch as often as possible. The less preservatives the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->