Sunburnt and really worried!!!

Jewel07

Reaction score
So we are having some quite nice weather here in the uk and today I've been home all day and sat in the garden this afternoon. I could see I was catching the sun a bit, but I was in and out the house, drinking lots too. And tonight now I've had a shower and I'm actually really red and sunburnt on my shoulders and chest and thighs. It's sore, as in a bit uncomfortable and feels hot but it's not painful or anything.

I've been reading online and it says that sunburn is dangerous coz it can raise your body temp. I don't feel any different or like I'm having any side effects and I've drunk loadsa squash as normal tonight but I paranoid ice done some damage to bubs now!! He/she has been moving around lots tonight but does anyone know about sunburn in pregnancy or if they have had it??

Stupidly I didn't wear sunscreen as I didn't think I would be this bad as I was in and out the house and it was sunny and warm but not stiflingly hot or anything.

I feel so stupid and worried :cry:

If it's any consolation, I got badly sunburnt while on vacation and just had my appointment today and baby was fine. He's also been moving a lot as normal. I don't think it can affect the baby unless you get sunstroke (fever.)

Oh thankyou Hun. I'm just so worried, and I feel so stupid!! Ill def be staying out the sun from now on!!

As the person above said, I think sunstroke is the only real risk. Just keep yourself cool and hydrated and you'll be fine. I'll bet your in for an uncomfortable night tho!

I've been on two holidays since third trimester, burnt both times and baby is totally fine, midwife said as long as you stay hydrated its not an issue. I wouldn't worry yourself Hun. X

I've been sunburnt twice in the past fortnight. The first time, like you I didn't have sun cream on as I didn't think it was that hot and the second time I burnt with sun cream on. I'm now going through the peeling stage - attractive!!
I was also worried but baby has been kicking away since and I've listened to her on the doppler. I just made sure I drank lots of water and kept putting after sun on to keep my skin cool.

Thank you ladies. I've drank 2 pints of squash this eve and I've got one for through the night. I was drinking squash all day too. I've put cream on. I'm in bed now with the windows open and I don't feel too hot or anything, just a bit sore still and bubba is shuffling away x

You and baby will be fine!

I forget what it is about being pregnant, but something (maybe a hormone) makes you burn much quicker (will have to look it up to remember what it was).
I was in the sun for no more than 10 mins yesterday and it wasn't even that hot, but I still had a bit of pinkness when I came indoors (which is very unusual for me).
I did burn a month or two ago (forget when it was we had nice weather before, april/may sometime very briefly?) and I was fine, just kept hydrated etc. But yeah, best to avoid the sun if poss I think. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->