Super iPhone App for Tracking Cycles

Bucket

Mama to TS (& pg with #2)
Reaction score
Hello again.

I'm clearly avoiding doing any work today! :)

I've been using a lovely little app for the iPhone called Period Tracker (or P Tracker) recently. It allows you to enter all your cycle symptoms, like headaches, bloating, cramps, etc. into the calendar, and it predicts your next periods based on an average of the last three cycles. It also predicts your ovulation date each month. You can have your OH download the companion app too, Period Tracker Companion, so that you can sync your entries and he can keep track of your cycles as well. Mr. Bucket finds this very useful for knowing whether he's going to find Happy-Well-Adjusted Mrs. Bucket or Nightmare-Screaming-Throwing-Things Mrs. Bucket when he gets home from work! ;)

Makes me wish I had an iPhone. Probably not as much as my OH though! XD

it truly amazes me what we can do on a mobile phone now!!! I dont have an i phone though :( lol xx

Mr. Bucket was appalled to find I was a Windows Girl when he first started dating me. He set about turning me to the Mac Side and now I don't own anything at all by Microsoft. He's a major geek! :) I can't complain too much when my MacBook and iPhone were birthday presents. :D

Wow he feels pretty strongly about it then if he buys it all for you? lol lucky thing :p Mind you, OH bought me a laptop once, but that was only because he was sick of me stealing his! Gotta love a geek :) My OH is a different sort of geek. He doesn't know how to make the computer work but he could build one if you gave him all the pieces. Bless! :p

I want an iphone soooo bad!! Gonna have to settle for an ipod touch I think

I know what its like being married to a computer geek. But mine is a linux geek so again windows is banned Everything is open code and free. He he terribly unmaterialistic though, and has the most basic phone that exists so nothing like that. He has put on my linux account a program called Cycle which predicts my period and ovulation. He has made comments about consulting this programme so to know when to ship me off to my mothers so she can put up with me when I have AF (charming)

I know what its like being married to a computer geek. But mine is a linux geek so again windows is banned Everything is open code and free. He he terribly unmaterialistic though, and has the most basic phone that exists so nothing like that. He has put on my linux account a program called Cycle which predicts my period and ovulation. He has made comments about consulting this programme so to know when to ship me off to my mothers so she can put up with me when I have AF (charming)

Ah yes, I have a friend who is a Linux geek. He's been trying to get me to let him replace my iPhone software with Linux for ages, but since he broke my home network, he's not touching anything else of mine! :)

Still, I don't think I can really claim to be above geekery myself, when the picture you see in my thumbnail is of me (un)dressed as an Orion Slave Girl from Star Trek at Comic Con in San Diego, USA. Mr. Bucket dressed as Captain Kirk. It was part of our honeymoon! ;) Half the reason I married him was because he looks like William Shatner! :D

haha I am only on the windows side because i cant afford the other side xD
Unfortunately my oh is everything else than a computer geek. lol I am the one who fixes stuff for him on his computer and other shizz xD.

Just to add, if you have a G1 or G2 or any other phone with 'market' - download My Days too, excellent peice of kit - did the job for me!
-x-

That period tracker looks fab, but if you want something free - there is a free menstrual calendar. I have just got my new ipod touch :) and don't want to spend too much money on downloading apps, so looking out for all the free ones. OK, this doesn't look as good as the period tracker but it does almost the same job if you want something free.

It's called Free Menstrual Calendar! x

That period tracker looks fab, but if you want something free - there is a free menstrual calendar. I have just got my new ipod touch :) and don't want to spend too much money on downloading apps, so looking out for all the free ones. OK, this doesn't look as good as the period tracker but it does almost the same job if you want something free.

I had that one too, you can sync it with your fertility friend chart

That sounds great! I know what you mean about the apps. It's a slippery slope, trust me ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->