Super itchy bump

mrs_sasquatch

Reaction score
Oh my God. This is the worst thing ever. Over the last week, the lower part of my bump has gotten itchier and itchier. There's no rash or bumps or anything, it just feels like I rolled in Poison Ivy. I've tried lotions and itch cream and it won't go away. There have been no diet changes, soap/body wash changes, laundry soap, etc. Yesterday, my arms were itching too, but it's gone away now. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Bottom of my legs itch really bad it drives me mad I end up stripping off when I'm at home its like I can't have anything touching my legs, I think its just a pregnancy thing tbf xx

I am like this too! Driving me crazy! Spesh at night time

I want to say it's completely normal, but I learned in one of my pregnancy classes about ICP and not to ignore incredible itchiness mainly at the end of pregnancy, maybe worth looking into just to be sure?

I had the same issue and found it was my skin stretching with the stretch marks. I scratched so much I bled :(
What finally helped was rubbing pure coconut oil on my belly after a shower and before bed time. The moisture helped almost instantly. Hth!

There's a pinned post above about obstetric cholestasis. I had it last pregnancy and am feeling itchy again this past week so am being tested for it. I would really recommend for itching that's intense or not relieved that you tell your doctor! Better test for it to be safe rather than sorry. Read the pinned post!!

I have an appointment Thursday for a biophysical profile, so I will definitely mention it then. I've scratched so badly, I've opened wounds and it's still itchy. :/ I read the above thread but to be honest, with the GD and other complications I've had, I'm seriously hoping it's just an amped up version of "normal".

Defiantly check with your health provider first but I had an itchy belly due to all the stretch marks and I used grandpas pine tar soap... It's literally amazing!! Only thing that worked for me. It did take less than a week for it to go but so good x

Do you use soap on your belly? If so, stop. Rinsing with water does well enough. Soap dries out the skin, and since it's already stretching from the pregnancy, dry skin will make your belly more prone to itching and stretch marks.

Well, waiting for a call back from the nurse. I spoke to her already this morning and she said she really doesn't like the sound of it, so she will call back after she speaks to my doctor (who was in surgery).

I had this with my son, it's awful, I had rashes and little wounds which stung like hell, all because I couldn't stop itching. I got my bloods done etc and was fine, ended up covered in stretch marks too, fingers crossed
yours is just skin stretching too xx

That's what I'm hoping, but I've had zero itching with growth before this past week, and I'm striped like a tiger. They're going to draw bloods tomorrow, because the itching areas, lack of rash, and the fact that it's itchiest at night are red flags.

Glad you are getting checked just to be sure everything is okay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->