Supliments....... help!

Mrs P5515

Reaction score
After speaking with my doctor she has advised that I start taking pre-pregnancy supplements as we only have about 3 months before TTC. She advised they must have 400 mcg of folic acid and vitamin d. After doing some research they ALL have this plus much more!! :shrug:I was wondering what people are taking and how they are finding it. Any help would be greatly appreciated :thumbup:

I'm not taking it yet (Will start in october) but I've ordered pregnacare pre conception tablets - I've heard boots own brand are just as good as well. I'm going for pregnacare because it's what i've researched the most and they have everything me & baby needs and has good reviews. I've also been eating more healthily too :thumbup:
I've read that some ladies feel sick on supplements, so that might be a side effect.
The ladies on the ttc forum might have a bit more experience with side effects etc though, so might be worth popping this question there as well :)

I'm taking folic acid, vitamin c and agnus castus every day x

The guideline is a minimum of, so taking more wont hurt :) I just take them separately rather than in one prenatal but mostly because the prenatals make me nauseous.

Elevit - because it was one of the ones my dr recommended (the other was Blackmores Gold).

I start taking it in 2 weeks time!!

i just take normal pregnacare, its not too dear and is safe! have been taking it for almost 3 months starting TTC next week!

Thanks everyone for you help and suggestions, after a bit more research and stalking on the TTC forum I've gone for the pregnacare preconception, same as you I think callmedan. Start taking them today...eeekkk feels like one more step forward on our journey :happydance:

I'm taking a prenatal vitamin liquid (in my smoothies, because I don't like pills).

I'm also taking folic acid, vitamin C, vitex, and wild yam. I also use progesterone cream for the last 14 CDs.

I took Solgar Prenatal vitamins (I get them from Amazon as they're an American brand) from about 6 months before last time and will do it again from about 3 months before, give or take (as we aren't 100% sure of when we'll be able to TTC again, so I don't want to waste being on them forever if I need to push it back). I really liked them. They have a gentle form of iron, which is great if you don't normally tolerate iron. I started on Pregnacare originally and they gave me such bad stomach pains that I ended up having an endoscopy because they thought I had an ulcer. We finally realised that the pain started about 5 days after I started on Pregnacare, so I stopped them and it went away completely. I would avoid those if you're sensitive to iron (I didn't think I was?) and if you can afford a bit more for something higher quality. If you do have any trouble, don't hesitate to try something else until you find what works for you.

Minduptopia - thanks for the advice I will certainly be bearing that in mind! I've been having to take iron supplements for almost 2 years now due to medical issues so I'm hoping these should be ok as they have been recommended by the doctor. But will certainly switch if there are issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->