Supplements to increase supply??

Kwaggy

First time Mommy :)
Reaction score
Hey ladies! Ive recently returned to work and Ive noticed a decrease in my supply. When pumping I only get about 2oz at a time. Ive been taking Fenugreek for about 3 weeks now and it doesnt seem to be helping much. Does anyone know of anything else that can be purchased over the counter or at a health store? Im not ready to give up on breastfeeding but I feel like I cant keep up, I dont know what Ill do as my little one starts to eat more. Thanks

More milk plus! It's AMAZING. Pretty expensive though.
Also you can try mother's milk tea, I found mine at target. It doesn't taste that great though.

I've heard people mention coconut water, I absolutely love the stuff so have been drinking it anyway so can't comment on whether it necessarily works but thought I'd mention it x

i seem to be taking anything and everything to try and get my supply up so here's a little list:

Lactation cookies (plenty of recipes if you're a pinterest geek like me lol)
Fenugreek (Apparently better with blessed thistle but cannot confirm this myself)
Dark beers (Haven't tried this though)
lots of oatmeal/porridge (old fashioned)
Mothers milk tea (tastes odd but not the worst)
Drinking lots of water
Expressing between 1-4am

can't think of any more atm, 2am and pumping, my brain is frazzled lol

I have taking fenugreek for the past few days and I've noticed a huge difference, before I never leaked now I do, it squirts and drips out of me now (husband finds it very sexy - not!!!!)

I'm going to try some of these. My boy is 5 days old and I don't think my milk is quite in yet - we had a slow start to feeding because he couldn't be bothered to latch! As a result of many hours trying to convince him, my nipples are absolutely raw so I'm having to go between breast and expressing, whilst topping him up with formula as needed. I had no idea breast feeding would be this hard!

Popples I'm in exactly the same position as you, still topping up with ff a few times a day, express and bf from breast too..... kinda thinking she Has the best of all worlds.
My daughter is 3w 4d now and still finding this bf by far the hardest thing I have ever done or mastered, but being stubborn I refuse to give up and love it when I do feed her with no pain and I feel as though I am giving her what she needs !!

It's so reassuring to hear it's not just me. I felt like a complete failure giving him ff for the first time and got really upset and teary about it. I've relaxed a bit now - the main thing is that's he's still getting the bf goodness and he's getting enough food. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->