Supplements!!! Vitex, soy, anything else??

Msw454

TTC Our Rainbow!!
Reaction score
I have an irregular cycle, and some cycle I don't ovulate. I've heard both good and bad things about supplements likes vitex or soy. Any experiences??

My cycles vary between 36-38 days. My nutritionist says my hormones are imbalanced (I also have some adult acne, yay).
Here's what she has me doing: liver cleanse, 5000iu vit d, Vitex, omega 3, and painting iodine on my skin daily.
Id suggest finding a good, local health store and talking to someone there. My person is a certified holistic nutritionist.

MSW-I am also interested in supplements and the natural way. I am blessed and there is an Herb Store in my hometown, Bob owner, has been an Herbalist since he was a child and his Mom was one. He is knowledgeable and trustworthy. He also does a huge mail order business. If you are interested in his contact info just private message me and I will send it to you. You can call and talk to him over the phone and order if that is what you want to do. Since it doesn't look like Provera is going to work for me I am going to start a tea he makes to induce AF.

Blessings & Babydust,

I have been taking FertileCM and Vitex and Evening Primrose oil. we have been trying since March and starting the supplements in July I got pregnant, but miscarried in late Aug at 6 weeks. we are finally trying again this month and I have been taking them for almost 4 weeks and I did a round of Clomid this time, but made sure to take Musinex to counteract the effects from clomid on your uterus. (and yes it's safe to take during ovulation). I will test next week friday or saturday and I'll keep you posted. I'm praying for an early Christmas gift : ) Let me know if you have any questions about the supplements

I took Soy Isoflavones from CD3 - CD6 this cycle and took Agnus Castus from CD1 - CD6. You're not meant to take them at the same time, but I didn't find out till CD6, so I stopped taking them both in protest :)

They did help though, as I usually ovulate irregularly (between CD13 and CD21 - which isn't a huge irregularity, but it's frustrating). I ovulated early on CD13 this month, even though the last 5 cycles ovulation has been creeping later and later.

I'd recommend either Soy Isoflavones between CD3-7 or Agnus Castus from the start of your cycle until you ovulate (it's not recommended to take it while pregnant, so many women stop at ovulation in case they conceive).

Good luck.

x

I'm wanting to take vitex :)
What days are we suppose to take vitex. Thank ladies xx

You take Vitex daily. I was told everyday, not just for part of the cycle. I've been taking it since may

I take Vitex every day. It's shortened my cycle considerably

I've decided to take vitamin b complex

ctp-135284-1385886608.jpg
Hi there!!! Just want to share my experience in case there are people out there looking for some info about soy isoflavones.... I'm 29, my cycles are super regular (27 days), I ovulate on my own every single month. So last month I came a cross this post about soy isoflavones and how it helps women get pregnant. So I did some research and I was really impressed to read so many posts of women who got pregnant on their first cycle on soy...The only problem is that I've read soy is not recommended for women with regular cycles because it can mess up your cycle. However, I was so imaptient to get my BFP that I decided to give it a try and take the risk. Well, it was all worth it!!! It didn't mess up my cycle at all. I ovulated on cd 13 as usual but for the first time in my life I felt ovulation pains. I'm 100% sure I ovulate every month (from OPKs + temp confirmation) but this month with soy iso it was the first time I felt ov pain!!! Besides that I didn't feel anything different. In fact I have zero ymptoms. No breast sore, no cramps, no implantation bleeding, I don't fell tired, no nausea... NADA!! Anyway I decided to test today at 11dpo... I was really expecting one more stark white BFN like the previous cycles... But for my surprise and for my happiness I got a beautiful BFP!! So if you are thinking about trying soy the only thing I can say is that it worked for me! This is the ONLY thing different we did. All the previous cycles we timed righ and it didn't happen. So I really believe soy did the trick!!

I couldn't be more thankful to God!! I feel so blessed :)

Good luck and baby dust to all of you!!!

Congrats Calimon029!!

I too got my BFP the first month on Soy Isoflavones, but for me me I ovulate irregularly.

x

I've just been advised that cassava is great! You can get it in capsule form. Great to boost fertilit and twins!

Congrats calimom!!!!

I used vitex right after stopping birth control pills a few years ago. I was on the pill for 20 years and had irregular cycles anytime I would stop. My cycles were very regular on the vitex and started at about 33 days and then dropped to 29-30 days within a few months. I took vitex all through the cycle and then weaned off until I was 16 weeks pregnant. Taking vitex during pregnancy is a total judgement call because you will read to stop immediately when you get a bfp. I did some reading on the research and also read that stopping something so abruptly can cause problems. I personally had no issues taking it while pregnant and delivered a healthy baby. I also took fertilecm, royal jelly with bee pollen, red raspberry leaf tea, geritol complete and used preseed...I stopped all that once I got a bfp. This time I am only taking royal jelly/bee pollen, geritol and fertilecm (will probably use preseed again due to pelvic pain issues). If I don't get a bfp I will start vitex again. I do think it works really well and was really happy with the results! I have not had ovulation pain like I used to until I started the royal jelly again. I think both royal jelly and vitex bring on the ovulation pain!

Hi Msw

I have been going to a naturopath since July. Was loosely diagnosed with PCOS based solely on my weight. All other bloodwork and hormones normal except for a slightly elevated testosterone. Anyways, I wasn't ovulating regularly and had a period every three months. These past two months I have been 35 days!

What worked for me: vitex (tincture) 1 tsp twice daily away from food. And I stuck to this for better absorption. Myo-inositol powder 2g (1 heaping tsp) dissolved in a glass of water at bedtime. I take the bedtime vitex and inositol together.

My cycles have slowly been righting themselves and I have a clear ovulation monthly as well! First time ever.

I have a lot of research articles as well if you ever want me to send them to you. I am a nurse so need to make sure I agree with what other people suggest.

As an aside, this is the second month we have tried. Period was due Thursday so I am four days late. I feel different, cramping is low and different than AF. Super nervous to test though so we have decided to wait until a week past due.

I have no experience with soy. My naturopath does have me on 2 tbsp flax a day. Flax acts as a phytoestrogen, it was originally thought flax increased estrogen levels, but it is now shown that it actually acts as estrogen, taking up the estrogen receptors in your body to decrease it. This theory has been proven with my recent bloodwork. It also helps to decrease my testosterone which is the main reason she had me taking flax.

Cheers

Hi everyone, I'm very new to this site and I just started a new regime which is probably entirely overboard. Hubby and I are taking a break currently due to I have a missed miscarriage- instead of being 9w5d at u/s baby measured 6w1d with no hb, and for some reason is still staying with me, we are :cry: after trying for 6m where my cycle was all over the place because I was also BF DS. So I've decided I'm going to be in the best shape I can be and I've set myself a 3m goal before we try again. And I'm trying to get DH there too, even though I think it's me and my aging eggs that may be the prob, as I miscarried at 11w before DS.

I've started Co Q10 (around 800mg daily), Bee Pollen( 1 tsp under the tongue twice daily), a good multi, extra vitD (1000mg twice daily, I had no idea that this can cause mc if deficient and I've never been tested for levels), vit c (500mg twice daily), Vitex (once daily), selenium (100mg twice daily), folic acid(1000mg a day) and L-Arginine (1 tsp in water and lemon juice on rising and retiring). And of course lifestyle changes of dropping weight and eating lots of green leafy vegies, etc.

I really, really, want to try Cassava supplement but I can't find anywhere in Australia and apparently it takes almost a month to get here from the States. Does anyone know if I can get it in Aus? And a really good reputable supplier? I have seen some negative stuff about Forever Blessed in the forums and Cassava shop on 'rip off' website. I've tried my local naturopath/health food store but he doesn't stock it and I'm not sure he would bother to be honest.

Apparently if you up your folic acid and take cassava you can improve your chances of conceiving twins. I don't really care if I succeed, that would just be a bonus outcome, after the horrible past 2 yrs we've had not just with ttc.

I thought of starting a new thread to see if any Aussie ladies out there might know but I can't find how to do it. I've tried all the help on thread starting and cannot find the tab/button in the left hand side of any screen to do it. IDK. I tried for an hr and gave up.

All the very best of luck Ladies ttc and I hope someone may have some advice. Thanks

Hmmmm I haven't heard of cassava. Maybe I should try it. I lost twins, and I feel so robbed, so I would LOVE to concieve them again.

Msw, I'm so sorry for you loss. I don't think this mc has actually hit me yet as it hasn't actually passed yet. The mc before just floored DH and I. We were gutted. If you've conceived twins before it may work for you. Apparently it causes hyperovulation like fertility drug treatments except its a plant. Apparently you need 900mg daily for 5m for max benefit. There's 2 stockists I've heard of in the US but I've seen neg feedback for both of them so I don't know whether to give it a go. One is cassavashop and the other is foreverblessed. Actually I think there's 1 called cassanovum which has folic acid too which in higher doses apparently may cause twins too. I just don't know which is the best or most reputable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->