Supplements

Claireyh

Mummy to Oscar & #2 bump!
Reaction score
Hello girls!

This is my first post after introducing myself, so I hope I've put it in the right place :dohh:

Me and hubby are kind of between NTNP and TTC, we would be over the moon if I got pregnant, but also we don't want to start charting etc for a little while yet. We will if we go a couple of months with no BFP though.

I am just aware that it might be a good idea for me to taking folic acid in case we have a miracle and I do get preggers!? Is it worth buying an all round mum-to-be vitamin supplement, or is just the folic acid sufficient?

Thanks in advance

xxx

I'd say that the folic acid is probably sufficient if you have a good diet. Saying that, I'm taking Pregnacare which is a multi-vitamin. My diet is not the best at the moment, so I figured it would help me get some extra nutrients whilst I'm working on getting more healthy!

Thanks for that :flower:

My diet is not the best at the moment either, just to close to Chrimbo heehee! I am taking multivitamins anyways, so I might just carry on with those and then get folic acid as extra?

xxx

hi claire i'm new to ttc too!
a few months ago i started taking folic acid then october switched over to sanotogen mother to be,it's an all rounder:winkwink:there about £5 for 30 days supply:flower:good luck with getting your:bfp: very soon:kiss:

Just a quick reply, but i would check your standard mulit-vitamins because when i checked mine it said not suitable for TTC or pregnancy due to vitamin A... Now i take Savers own pregnancy multi-vitamins which contains folic acid and numerous other supliments (VIT D,E,C,B1,B2,B6,B12,K,IRON,ZINC,IODINE,BETA CAROTENE,COPPER,SELENIUM - BUT NO VIT A)

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

i take elevite not sure if you guys get over in the uk, but they contain all the vitamins that are recommended

deffidently worth doing.

hello - sounds like you are in a similar situation to us, NTNP for a couple of months then will get serious with charting if nothing happens by about March. Exciting times! I started taking Mother to be last week but it's pretty expensive and I think just folic acid is fine! Good luck, look forward to sharing the journey with you.

Hi hun, multivits are not recommended for TTC due to the vitamin A content. I recommend FA or a mummy-to-be multivit - or both!!

Just a quick reply, but i would check your standard mulit-vitamins because when i checked mine it said not suitable for TTC or pregnancy due to vitamin A... Now i take Savers own pregnancy multi-vitamins which contains folic acid and numerous other supliments (VIT D,E,C,B1,B2,B6,B12,K,IRON,ZINC,IODINE,BETA CAROTENE,COPPER,SELENIUM - BUT NO VIT A)

Hope this helps! :thumbup:

Hi hun, multivits are not recommended for TTC due to the vitamin A content. I recommend FA or a mummy-to-be multivit - or both!!

Thank you so much for that!! I had no idea at all that multi vits with vit A could be a problem!! ANy ideas why the vit A is not good? Just interested really!

THanks for the replies girls :)

xxx

hello - sounds like you are in a similar situation to us, NTNP for a couple of months then will get serious with charting if nothing happens by about March. Exciting times! I started taking Mother to be last week but it's pretty expensive and I think just folic acid is fine! Good luck, look forward to sharing the journey with you.

SHould deffers keep each other updated on our progress, it so is exciting times!! xxx

Too much Vitamin A can lead to birth defects, thats why its in lower doses or non-exsistant in the pre-conception ones. I like the idea of them because they are already nice and balanced and everything is in there that you need, including iodine which is vital for a healthy brain. If you dont want to get one of those then a good folic acid with iodine in it will be enough. They normally call them I-folics and will really cut down the chances of anything nasty. The rest of the vitamins in pre-conception tablets are mainly focused on the mum, to give her healthy sexual and reproductive function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->