Support belt

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies :flower:
I've done a lot of walking today and I feel like I've pulled a ligament or something in my abdomen, it's like rlp but really annoying pulling/stretching feeling like what you get in the bottom of your feet sometimes, I was looking at those support belt/strap things on eBay and just wondering if anyone actually used them and found them any good? Is there some medical reason why they're a bad idea or anything? I've had quite bad lower back pain for a while now as well and wondering if one might help. TIA <3

One like this

Attachments

• IMG_1885.JPG
    IMG_1885.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 0
I used one in my last pregnancy as early as 16 wks because of back pain, helped tremendously, but mine didn't have the top strap

Ah thank you! That's really good to know, I don't have much of a bump as I'm carrying quite far back but it all feels really heavy on my ligaments and lower back. Think I'm going to order one of these!

Hope it helps! I just had a few weeks that were really bad and I needed the extra support to help my body readjust. Then I was good and didn't really need it til the end of pregnancy again when I was ginormous!

Talia report back when you get it because I nearly ordered one of those exact ones, they look great! I have one already from the physio but this one looks more robust x

I personally ordered this and wore it most of my pregnancy last year and have been wearing it again this last month. With my last pregnancy, I lived in it 24/7. I only took it off to wash it or shower. A lot of people say they are NOT worth it and don't provide any support but I've found it really, really good! It gives enough support to hold your belly up and enough gentle pressure to hold your belly in if that makes sense. Though I have lost a bit of weight since my last pregnancy so the one I have at the moment is a tad too big.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Preg...hash=item5d66d06220:m:men5eSPTwHYTOkmhkrI0seg

The one that twinkie2 mentioned I have tried (I was given one) and I HATED it!! I didn't like that it was strapped over and under my bump and it was visible under clothing. I felt really self-conscious in it and it reminded me of when I was hooked up to fetal monitors for most of my labour with my first baby. The velcro also irritated me as well.

It doesn't hurt to invest in both especially when the one I have at the moment is dirt cheap! Both will feel different and offer different support so try them out. But in my own honest opinion, my elastic one was the best $5 I've spent! :)

Ah thanks! Now I'm undecided which one to try first! I'll have a think

Hi ladies :flower:
I've done a lot of walking today and I feel like I've pulled a ligament or something in my abdomen, it's like rlp but really annoying pulling/stretching feeling like what you get in the bottom of your feet sometimes, I was looking at those support belt/strap things on eBay and just wondering if anyone actually used them and found them any good? Is there some medical reason why they're a bad idea or anything? I've had quite bad lower back pain for a while now as well and wondering if one might help. TIA <3

thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->