Support needed

Mrs.Luvbug

Mommy to a sweet baby boy
Reaction score
Hello,

I have been breastfeeding my son who is 7 months now. He also gets the bottle because I just don't produce enough to fill him up. Some of my coworkers have made comments about the fact that I still breastfeed him. She quit nursing her son at 3.5 months and now she makes comments about me still nursing my son. It bothers me a lot.

You could tell her that it's recommended to breastfeed until the child is two or even longer.

If you want to be a little less than blandly pleasant about it, you could say that breastfeeeding is in your child's best interest and as a responsible parent, you will do your damnedest to provide your son with what's best for him for as long as you can. Then ask her what it is to her who breastfeeds for how long and who doesn't. This response worked for me somewhat with one co-worker. I am so sick of the whole office questioning why am I still breastfeeding (I pump at work, which is why they know) when my child is one. I've only been back in work a few days and every single day somebody has to be shocked that I haven't stopped yet. I get that they're mostly formula feeders and I also get that they're miffed about me having a break to pump. But then again I don't take coffee breaks because of pumping, and their coffee breaks are usually longer than my pumping breaks.

Stand your ground and don't let her get to you. I know it's tough.

You could also throw in that it's a free country and you can breastfeed for as long as you see fit. I'd love to be able to say that and I may do so one day. I know I'll be made redundant first as soon as they can find a reason to reduce staff numbers (they've been threatening with cuts ever since I arrived in this job) anyway.

I would just tell her it's none of her business how you feed your baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->