Supposedly 5 week but can hear HB on Doppler?

It definitely seems you're farther a long. Maybe you mistook IB for AF? My dr said you can't hear the heartbeat until 8 weeks. Your BFP is really strong too. I got mine at 9dpo and it was very faint.

You are AT LEAST 8-9 weeks it is not possible to get HB that early on a home doppler.

It is possible I have friends that have heard a HB On a Doppler at 6+4. Xxx

Sorry, but that is highly doubtful.

"....Misinformation: A fetal heart will begin to beat at around 5-6 weeks gestation. Although an ultrasound machine will be able to detect this by about 6 weeks, a fetal Doppler cannot detect a heartbeat until closer to 8-10 weeks. An ultrasound machine uses very powerful probes (5-10 Mhz) at a much higher output level (up to 720 Mw/cm2) whereas a fetal Doppler only uses a 2-3 Mhz probe at a much lower level of less than 20 mw/cm2. For this reason, fetal Dopplers are unable to detect a heartbeat before 8 weeks and usually not before 10-12 weeks. Dont be misled. If someone says she heard her baby's heartbeat at 6 weeks, she is probably referring to an ultrasound scan not a fetal monitor..."

SO either you have a very powerful doppler or you are farther along. I will however, eat my words when you have a dating scan! H&H 9 to ya!

It was confirmed by her midwife it was her baby's heartbeat. x

Right, but probably with a clinical doppler, not the one you can buy on ebay! See prev post for more info!

It was a sonoline Doppler a home one! NOT a Dr one

That's pretty cool that you AND your friends beat the medical sciences of pregnancy. People don't just go around hearing the HB at 5/6 weeks at home but not just you, your friend also! That's pretty amazing! ;)

I heard ds2 at 7+1 (vid on YouTube to prove!) and one of the ladies on the molar pregancy thread I go on heard hers at 7+0. So it's deffo possible to pick it up late 6w early 7w, must depend on position. I know ds2 had an anterior placenta so maybe that made it easier early on?

My 3 pregnancies since ds2 to make it far enough to dopple were all picked in the more usual 8w+ range, hence why I assumed you must be about that to pick it up easy x

Anyway, when you getting scanned? I'm getting impatient for you now!! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"