Sure start grant

haze

Mum + Pink Bump
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this?
https://www.hafod.org.uk/about-us/news/changes-to-sure-start-maternity-grant.htm

I will be claiming but this is my 2nd child and according to this website (not sure where they got their info from??) people with due dates of 11th April onwards who are claiming for a 2nd/3rd etc child won't get it.
I knew they were changing it but I thought they weren't actually Changing it until April, meaning all April due ladies could still claim before April. It's not on the DWP website at all so surely they wouldn't just change it like that without putting it on their website?
Any one know anything?
Im panicking a bit :shrug:

I didnt think there was changing it untill April either but I would presume they would know better than you or me, (although it would of made more sense to changing in April) perhaps a phone call to them might help you? :)

send off for it now and you will get it. that doesnt take affect till april so dont worry. ive only just sent off mine and recieved it a week later. and this is my 2nd child. you will be fine

did everybody receive a letter BEFORE it went in, or was it like the HIP grant and went in and letter arrived afterwards? :D

many thanks

Haze, ive heard that approx due date mentioned before in terms of the sure start grant, however, you can apply now, as from today(i am)

i got a letter on the 19th january saying it will be in the bank 20th january and it was

Here are a couple of links. The first is for the direct.gov website. The second is for the Department for Work and Pensions website - this one says that you can only claim if you have no other children under the age of 16? Not sure when this came into effect as it doesn't mention a date.

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyT...ort/Expectingorbringingupchildren/DG_10018854

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications...de-to-the-social/sure-start-maternity-grants/

Hope they help to answer some of your questions xx

The surestart people on the phone say there are no changes being made until april so Im going by what they say, Im going to apply anyway just incase.

Yeah no harm in that - they will soon tell you what you are and aren't entitled to xxx

Honestly haze you can apply from 29 weeks, if your present circumstances entitle you to apply, you will get it. Xx

Im waiting for the form to be sent through, Im just so confused. Everywhere is saying something different. One place is saying all applications with a Due date after 11th April from now are being denied if they're not first child only, another place is saying it's changing in April. I have a due date of 11th so if the first is true I can't get it.

na i was told that they haven't been given permission to change it yet. there has been talks of it, but it has been passed yet. i was told also by the job centre that as long as ur 29weeks before april there is no changes to u

just got off the fone, and u will still get it if ur 29 weeks before april the 1st u will still get it :) x

Its if you are 29wks after 1st april you will not get it, as you have to be
at least 29wks pregnant to claim it. You are 29wks now, so get it sent off
and you will be fine. x

Im waiting for it to arrive in the post :) I have to send out for the form because I can't get to my job centre, my midwife can sign it at my 31 week app, which is waaay before April so I should be ok
Anyway I found this
https://www.hm-treasury.gov.uk/junebudget_easyread.htm

and on page 35 (42-43 on the bottom tab bit) it says everything gemstone said :)

They've just updated the Direct gov website saying all people with a due daye of 11th or after won't be able to claim. Im so annoyed, my due date is the 11th.
They said it wouldn't affect people who were pregnant now and that as long a syou were 29 weeks before April you would be ok. Why do they have to change it? Can't they actually keep to what they say originally for once??

Im going to send my forms in anyway! There is no harm in sending them and if they say no they say no! Poo government they think they are helping but they are helping the wrong people never mind x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->