Surprise bfp. No period. How far along do you guess?!

counting

Mama of 4, growing #5
Reaction score
Hello! I'll start by saying I've not had a period since 2012. At that point I got pregnant with my oldest son, now 2.5. When he was a year old I got pregnant with my second son, without the return of my period( yes, breast feeding is not reliable birth control...).I had lots of irregular bleeding for both of my first pregnancies. My second son turned 10 months on February 2nd. I got what I thought was my period on February 5th. It never got very heavy, and did not stop. It started to resemble my bleeding pattern with my prior pregnancies. I took two dollar store tests yesterday, and there, like magic, was two little lines. We had been preventing however had a number of birth control failures. I do not know how far along I am. Anyone want to guess how many weeks/dpo I am by looking at the lines? I've never had such light lines before. The light lines make me incredibly nervous for the health of the pregnancy but I suppose I could just be very early. I don't know. Can't believe I'm expecting again! (Both tests were taken between 2-3pm. With no hold. So about as far from fmu as it gets)

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_143002.jpg
    IMG_20160215_143002.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 32
That is so interesting ! Maybe that bleed was implantion on Feb 5th? Maybe you're around 5-6 weeks now ? I would take a clear blue digital weeks estimator .. If it says 1-2 (which it probably won't with lines that dark) it would mean around 4 weeks along , if it says 2-3 that would mean around 5 weeks and if it says 3+ that means 5+ weeks :)

I will probably end up getting an early scan. I'm thinking the bleed was either implantation or ovulation related. I want to take a different brand but not digital to check as I read the lines on dollar store tests are often not as dark as on other tests.

Took this test at 9pm. First response brand if it makes any difference. Definately still positive, but I feel like it is still a little light?

Attachments

• IMG_20160215_210333.jpg
    IMG_20160215_210333.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
That's a nice line ! I'm guessing you're around 4-5 weeks !

Shameless stalking fertility friend pregnancy test galleries makes me think my line looks about like a 4 week line for most ladies... Obviously not scientific. Haha.

Looks a lot like mine !
I took this today - and as you can see by my ticker I am 4 weeks ! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 9
I agree that the lines look to be that 4-5 weeks range. I also think that maybe grabbing a CB weeks estimator could be fun; albeit, not entirely accurate way to judge. I haven't seen the hook effect in action so I'm not sure if the lines ever get lighter than the control again. I don't test that long. Congrats! Can you get a beta done and/or an early scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->