Survey: Help?

TiffanyLe

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Tiffany and I was hoping you guys could please take the time to help me with my survey for a school project. Thanks :)

P.S. All you mothers out there are so incredibly amazing and strong.:flower:

Please include:
a) Name
b) Email (if you don't wish to disclose this piece of information, it's fine)
c) Age you first became a parent
d) Current age

SURVEY
1. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced as a parent?

2. What is your favourite part of being a parent?

3. What kind of fears or worries did you have as a parent?

4. In what ways have your life changed after having a child?

5. Was your pregnancy an accident or was it planned?

6. Who was your support system during and after the pregnancy?

7. How did you feel when you first found out you were going to become a parent?

8. Did others view your pregnancy as a positive or negative thing? How did you view it?

9. What is your opinion on abortion?

10. What is your opinion on teenage pregnancy?

11. Do you prefer your life before or after parenthood better? Why?

12. In what ways have you changed as person after becoming a parent?

13. What kind of expectations did you have about parenthood?

14. What is the most rewarding thing about being a parent?

15. What role did your parents play during and after your pregnancy?

16. On a scale of one to ten, how would your rate your pregnancy and parenthood experience? (1 being easy; 10 being difficult)

Please include:
a) Name: Jennifer S.
b) Email (if you don't wish to disclose this piece of information, it's fine): [email protected]
c) Age you first became a parent: 22.
d) Current age: 23.

SURVEY
1. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced as a parent?: Being more independent/responsible(moving out of parents into own appt) while having somebody who is dependent on you.

2. What is your favourite part of being a parent?: His adorable smiles and laughs, watching him grow from a tiny newborn into a little toddler who is almost walking on his own now.

3. What kind of fears or worries did you have as a parent?: SIDS when he was little, not being a good enough mom.

4. In what ways have your life changed after having a child?: More ways than I could even explain lol.

5. Was your pregnancy an accident or was it planned?: Accident.

6. Who was your support system during and after the pregnancy?: My boyfriend and my parents.

7. How did you feel when you first found out you were going to become a parent?: Terrified.

8. Did others view your pregnancy as a positive or negative thing? How did you view it?: others as positive, me as negative but as time went on i accepted it.

9. What is your opinion on abortion?: Used to not have an opinion now that I have my son i'd say im against it..

10. What is your opinion on teenage pregnancy?: not a good thing, but if the parents can support the baby than sure.

11. Do you prefer your life before or after parenthood better? Why?: Eh both in many different ways, its complicated. i think all moms think about their life before parenthood sometimes.

12. In what ways have you changed as person after becoming a parent?: way more responsible & grown up, able to multitask well.

13. What kind of expectations did you have about parenthood?: that it would be difficult lol.

14. What is the most rewarding thing about being a parent?: how bonded me and my son are because i stay home w him everyday while his dad goes to work.

15. What role did your parents play during and after your pregnancy?: Lots of support, best grandparents in the world! :)

16. On a scale of one to ten, how would your rate your pregnancy and parenthood experience? (1 being easy; 10 being difficult): pregnancy: 1(i actually enjoyed being pregnant lol). parenthood: 8.

a) Name: Laura P.
b) Email (if you don't wish to disclose this piece of information, it's fine): -
c) Age you first became a parent: 18
d) Current age: 23

SURVEY
1. What is the biggest challenge you’ve faced as a parent?: Learning to deal with the stereotype of "teenage/young parent" and pushing myself to rise above it and not to let on to my children if I am bothered by whispers etc. And finding friends with a similar age with children. Always struggled with friends.

2. What is your favourite part of being a parent?: Where do I start?! Everything! The laughter, the smiles, the "I love you mummy"s the "you are the best mummy in the worlds", the cuddles, the kisses, how much I love them and them me.

3. What kind of fears or worries did you have as a parent?: SIDS was a big one. Worrying something was wrong or would go wrong. Fear of anything bad happening to them. The normal mum things.

4. In what ways have your life changed after having a child?: adjusting to life with a child, plus juggling the housework and OH work, finding a balance between everything. Physically, not a whole lot changed initially, my partner and I had already moved in together and we were both working until I had my first child and now it is just OH that works while I take care of the kids and the house.

5. Was your pregnancy an accident or was it planned?: Planned,

6. Who was your support system during and after the pregnancy?: My partner

7. How did you feel when you first found out you were going to become a parent?: excited! I had always wanted to be a young mum. Worried obviously about everything a pregnancy and birth entails, and mostly terrified of telling family.

8. Did others view your pregnancy as a positive or negative thing? How did you view it?: friends were positive (colleagues), my family were negative at first, OHs were positive, me and my partner were positive.

9. What is your opinion on abortion?: Against, but understand that in some situations it is the right thing to do, it totally depends on the situation and mother. Personally I could never abort my child.

10. What is your opinion on teenage pregnancy?: again, depends on the situation. A lot of teen mums I've got to know through here etc are brilliant mothers. As long as the mother (and hopefully the father) step up and be good role models and take care of the child properly then I see no issue. Just a couple of generations ago, teen pregnancy was NORMAL, it's only in today's society it is being seen as "wrong"

11. Do you prefer your life before or after parenthood better? Why?: After. I have my beautiful children to cuddle and look after, give my life meaning, excitement and happiness. They give me confidence that I never had before.

12. In what ways have you changed as person after becoming a parent? More confidence, more stubborn!

13. What kind of expectations did you have about parenthood?: there will always be bumps, but ultimately being a parent is the best thing in the world.

14. What is the most rewarding thing about being a parent?: being able to share my life with my children, there's too many things to say, watching them reaching milestones and achieving goals. Just incredibly proud.

15. What role did your parents play during and after your pregnancy?: Initially very poor, my mum wanted me to abort my first, they didn't have a lot to so with any of my pregnancies although as it got to the end with each child, they started getting excited. Afterwards they were great help, if I needed anything they'd bring it round. My mum watched my older kids as I had the next, she even cleaned my house while I was giving birth so I wouldn't come back to a tip.

16. On a scale of one to ten, how would your rate your pregnancy and parenthood experience? (1 being easy; 10 being difficult): pregnancy: 2 parenthood: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->