Survey time: let's get to know each other better!

kksy9b

Loving my 2 boys and baby girl!
Reaction score
Just a survey to pass some time and get to know each other more!

Name:

OH name:

OH age:

Status (married, engaged, dating etc):

Children you have/want: Have: Want:

Reason WTT:

How much longer for your wait:

Favorite thing about OH:

Favorite thing about yourself:

Any names picked out:

Favorite activity:

Random fact:

Name: Kaity

OH name: Ben

OH age: 28

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Together 12 years, married 8

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: 2

Reason WTT: DH changed jobs last week so getting settled for the first month before trying

How much longer for your wait: 5 weeks from today!!

Favorite thing about OH: such a strong work ethic and devoted to his family.

Favorite thing about yourself: I'm a very loyal person

Any names picked out: Claire Therese-Lynn and Calvin John. Neither are set in stone

Favorite activity: spending time with my son and husband. Also reading on the rare chance I get to do it anymore

Random fact: I've lost 67 pounds since my son was born, with 52 since last March. I trained for and ran my first 5k last September.

Name: Barbara

OH name: Mike

OH age: 31

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Married

Children you have/want: Have: 0 Want: 2

Reason WTT: Waiting for house to close

How much longer for your wait: Between 2 and 4 months, depending on how you calculate it. NTNP in April (possibly literally on my 30th birthday too) then NTNP in June after close and move, although admittedly I'm likely to actually miss my June fertile period due to moving.

Favorite thing about OH: Hard worker, good cook, really intelligent

Favorite thing about yourself: Uh... I don't know. My curves? I'm smart?

Any names picked out: Just a few thoughts from me, don't think we'll pick anything until I'm pregnant.

Favorite activity: Video games or reading, depending on when you ask.

Random fact: I learned from XKCD What If this morning that the surface of the sun is only 5000C, I thought it was hotter. Makes me question the validity of one of the plot points in this sci-fi series I read. (Troy Rising by John Ringo for the curious)

I love these things!

Name: Its a secret!

OH name: Its a secret

OH age: 26, 27 this month.

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Together for 5 years, still no ring though!

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: 2/3

Reason WTT: #1 is only 4 months old

How much longer for your wait: Not 100% sure, I want to be pregnant by Christmas though.

Favorite thing about OH: He makes me laugh, he is family orientated, he always has my best interest at heart.

Favorite thing about yourself: I don't know! I'm also very family orientated? I'm thoughtful?

Any names picked out: Yes, Eden or Maisie for a girl and Reuben for a boy.

Favorite activity: Just spending time with my family if I'm honest.

Random fact: I really want to have twins, I always have! I thought that I was pregnant with twins when I had an early scan as the angle of the wand produced a reflection and it looked like 2 babies.

Name: S

OH name: M

OH age: 38

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Together 13 years, married for 4

Children you have/want: Have: Want: Have: 3 Want: I'll tell you when I get there

Reason WTT: We only just decided for sure and have to wait to have coil removed

How much longer for your wait: Two weeks

Favorite thing about OH: He brings me breakfast in bed and gets up with the kids. He's an amazing father and husband. And he has freckles and a nice bum :blush:

Favorite thing about yourself: Um. I make beautiful babies. And I have great shoes? :shrug:

Any names picked out: Some. I don't know if I'm brave enough to use them (haven't been, the first three times)

Favorite activity: Sleep

Random fact: About me? My shop is named after a Stephen King book. I met my husband in a gay bar. I have a degree in Financial Mathematics, that I have never actually used for anything.

Name: Rebecca

OH name: Steve

OH age: 36

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Married. Together for 9 years this May, married for 5 years this July

Children you have/want: Have: Want: Have: none Wanted: 12 (but we are going to stick to 1 or 2)

Reason WTT: I've gained too much weight and need to refocus on my health. I was already classified as obese but I've gained a lot of weight back.

How much longer for your wait: I am just getting af so we just started our waiting. We will be back at it for my cycle in June. so about 4 months.

Favorite thing about OH: He's so weird and random and he makes me laugh. He knows exactly how to get me out of sad mood.

Favorite thing about yourself: physically: my eyes personality: my thirst for knowledge

Any names picked out: Jack for a boy and Sophie for a girl. I have other names as well. but we tell people we are naming our son Angus so no one steals the name (there are name thieves among some friends).

Favorite activity: Cross Stitching, reading and lifting weights

Random fact: despite my size I have completed P90X, Body Beast, 21 Day fix, The Color Run 5k and The Rock and Roll Vancouver 10K. I am obsessed with fitness and nutrition but I have food addiction and have been incredibly lazy most of my life. It is a struggle daily to be motivated.

Name: Lena

OH name:Adave

OH age: 22

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): we are high school sweethearts, currently together for 7 years, planning on getting married next year (2017)

Occupation: currently student, will be graduating in a couple of months from uni, with bachelors degree.

Children you have/want: Have: Want: I want 3 kids

Reason WTT: waiting for a little more financial stability, and after travel time with Hubby

How much longer for your wait: am now down to 8 month wait :D

Favorite thing about OH: His determination, thinks big and works HARD, and of course his returned love, loyalty and respect for me.

Favorite thing about yourself: Though young, I made solid lifelong goals I work hard to achieve them and I never let my family and friends down. (They proud of me to be graduating from uni so young with great grades)

Any names picked out: Lots, but currently haven't run them by hubby yet. Just 1 but he didn't agree :(, oh well lots more to come.

Favorite activity: I love reading and helping others

Random fact:Been baby crazy for a long time but I have managed to control that fever. Hubby asks me almost on a daily basis to give him a baby, he doesn't know how happy those words make me

Name: would rather not say

OH name: would rather not say

OH age: 34

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): married (4 years).

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: 3

Reason WTT: starting a 12 month contract next week. Would like to see that out.

How much longer for your wait: 5 months

Favorite thing about OH: he's a fantastic father.

Favorite thing about yourself: stupidly organised

Any names picked out: I have 1 girls name, but no boys names yet.

Favorite activity: reading, cooking.

Random fact: can't think at the moment - will come back and edit when I've thought!!

I'm new and have been lurking the past couple of days (also posted in one of the stickied threads to sort of introduce myself), but I'm feeling sociable, so I'll introduce myself here as well!

Name: Erika

OH name: Tom

OH age: 28

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Married ~4.5 months, together 10 years + 4.5 months

Children you have/want: Have: 0 Want: 3-4

Reason WTT: Combination of DH-isn't-quite-ready, summer travel plans, and the fact that for work reasons (combination of when I - as a teacher - happen to have breaks fall, and that I wasn't thinking at all about choosing the best benefits for a potential pregnancy until after both open enrollment AND that 30-day post-marriage window for a "qualifying life event"), it's probably better if I don't get a BFP until this summer.

How much longer for your wait: Probably either May or June, unless my baby fever overrides my sanity often enough and persuasively enough to convince DH to start trying earlier.

Favorite thing about OH: Personality/sense of humor. It's frankly uncanny how well these things mesh.

Favorite thing about yourself: Oh man, lots of things, actually. For all that I sometimes have self-esteem issues, when I look at myself objectively, I'm pretty happy.

Any names picked out: We've agreed on Ramona and Quentin as our first choices for a girl and a boy, respectively (we've also agreed on middle names, but I'm going to withhold those for now). Other names we've agreed on include Athena, Margot, Claudia, Daria, and Ellen for girls; Rory is really the only other name we've agreed on for a boy.

Favorite activity: Traveling! I also enjoy biking. Doing both at the same time is sublime

Random fact: I play the trumpet :) So does my husband. (That's how we met. I'm better :winkwink:)

Name: Claire

OH name: G

Status (married, engaged, dating etc):
Married; we eloped on the winter solstice.

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: 3+

Reason WTT: Mainly financial reasons. Also not sure about how the transition from 1 to 2 will go.

How much longer for your wait: Unknown. Thought we were going to TTC this past December but that didn't work out.

Favorite thing about OH: How passionate he is about the things that interest him.

Favorite thing about yourself: My sense of adventure.

Any names picked out: Not yet.

Favorite activity: Snuggling with my son.

Random fact: Hmm...I really, really want to have a home birth with my next pregnancy.

Name: Emma

OH name: Fabio

OH age: 27

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Together 3 years, waiting very not patiently for my ring!

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: 3 or 4 depending when we feel done.

Reason WTT: We want at least a 2.5 year age gap (DS1 is 2 this coming November) and we have a very close friends wedding this July that we are both part of the bridal party for so I want to be able to drink haha

How much longer for your wait: 20 weeks and 5 days. Not that I am counting or anything.

Favorite thing about OH: He is a hopeless romantic and would do anything for me.

Favorite thing about yourself: My brains (eek I hate saying stuff like that but I'm pretty smart, I'm currently saving and waiting until DS is in school to start my PhD)

Any names picked out: Lily for a girl, not sure about a boy but Noah was our second choice name for DS1 (who is called Harrison) so that would probably go back on the list.

Favorite activity: Cooking and baking.

Random fact: I play piano but can't have one in my current flat so can't wait to buy a house purely so I can get a piano back in my life.

Name: It's a secret!

OH name: It's a secret!

OH age: 26

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): We've been together for just over 4 years, engaged for nearly a year and a half. Getting married in July!

Children you have/want: Have: 0 Want: 4! Although I may change my mind before getting to that number.

Reason WTT: We are getting married in July and want to wait until then just to avoid the judgement and questioning. Also, I want to fit into my wedding dress and have a few drinks at the wedding!

How much longer for your wait: About 5 months!

Favorite thing about OH: He is extremely goofy and fun. He is never too serious and is incredibly supportive of me.

Favorite thing about yourself: I think I'm really caring. I'd love to be able to pass on my compassion and empathy to any kids I have.

Any names picked out: We love Sophie and Katie for girls. I also like Alexis but that's the name of one of my coworkers daughters (her daughter also happens to be in my class this year) so I wouldn't want to seem like I was copying it. Boys names are harder but we like Nathan and Seth.

Favorite activity: Quilting and yoga

Random fact: I have done a lot of travelling in my life and my favorite place so far is India.

Name: L

OH name: E

OH age: 39

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Engaged

Children you have/want: Have: 1 Want: another 1 or 2

Reason WTT: currently waiting to get mirena out (May hopefully)

How much longer for your wait: couple of months

Favorite thing about OH: the way he smiles at me first thing in the morning when he wakes up

Favorite thing about yourself: my beautiful daughter

Any names picked out: not yet

Favorite activity: snuggles with my daughter

Random fact: I completed Tough Mudder last year and couldn't walk for a week afterwards :dohh:

Survey time: let's get to know each other better!

Name: Leanne

OH name: Paul

OH age: 24

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): engaged, wedding in 4.5 months

Children you have/want: Have: 2 and an angel and 2 early lossesWant: 9 or more

Reason WTT: genetic testing after losing our daughter at 19 weeks

How much longer for your wait: April hopefully if not July

Favorite thing about OH: the way he is with our children

Favorite thing about yourself: my patience

Any names picked out: Aubree-Noelle or river

Favorite activity: baking

Random fact: me and my partner want a huge family if finances allow for it

Love all the responses ladies!

Name: Xuxa

OH name:Lee

OH age:43

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): married

Children you have/want: Have: 5 Want: Not sure :shrug:

Reason WTT: turning 30 in August, waiting for the big 3-0

How much longer for your wait: about 7 months

Favorite thing about OH: How he loves me :cloud9:

Favorite thing about yourself: loyalty

Any names picked out: Ivy or Ocean

Favorite activity: Horseriding

Random fact: I never wanted kids... :haha: Now I can't stop!!!:blush:

Name: Darbi

OH name: Tony

OH age: 36

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Engaged

Occupation: Crisis Intervention Worker (Relief/casual--home full-time w daughter)

Children you have/want: Have: 1 daughter, Valla Hendrika (First and Middle)/ Want: 1 more.

Reason WTT: Need to get another physical, and confirm TTC w spouse.

How much longer for your wait: within the next 1-3 months, hopefully

Favorite thing about OH: His intelligence

Favorite thing about yourself: uncompromising with my beliefs/my truth

Any names picked out: I love the names Quinn, Bryn, Arienne; and if we had a boy, his first and Middle name were going to be Gage Colin (or the reverse).

One Favorite activity: listening to music out in nature, alone. When I get that time.

Random fact: I'm a neurotic crazy person! But I'm working on it! Always a work in progress, right?! :wacko:

Name: Krissie

OH name: Geoff

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Married 10.5 years.

Children you have/want: Have: 1 son Want: 1 more

Reason WTT: Had a m/c in February and need to wait two cycles before starting Clomid again.

How much longer for your wait: 12 weeks!

Favorite thing about OH: His creativity.

Favorite thing about yourself: My desire to learn new stuff.

Any names picked out: Alice Rose or Ezekiel Merritt

Favorite activity: Reading

Random fact: I have decided to gut and redo my bathroom this summer. I plan to redo everything except change the tub. So I am pretty excited for this project.

Name: Louise

OH name: *rather not say*

OH age: 30

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): Married

Children you have/want: Have: 2 Want: 3

Reason WTT: I need to graduate first

How much longer for your wait: just over a year

Favorite thing about OH: He's so down to earth

Favorite thing about yourself: I'm there when friends need me

Any names picked out: Not yet

Favorite activity: playing flute

Random fact:[/QUOTE]

Name: Tanya

OH name: Zach

OH age: 30

Status (married, engaged, dating etc): married 3 years in June, together for 10!

Children you have/want: Have: Want: have 2, just decided to try for 1 more

Reason WTT: We have 2 daughters, 4 & 2, we'd like to potty train the 2 year old and wait until the 4 year old is in kindergarten

How much longer for your wait: just under a year

Favorite thing about OH: we are truly made for each other. He brings out the best in me and loves me no matter what we go through!

Favorite thing about yourself: I love my happiness! Sounds crazy but I love smiling and trying to be a positive rather than negative person

Any names picked out: I would love a boy, his name would be Oliver; a 3rd girl will cause a name war lol

Favorite activity: I love and miss reading! I also really enjoy baking

Random fact: i am a huge sci fi and comic nerd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"