Sushi

suzan

Reaction score
Anyone makes it?
I AM CRAVING THEM TODAYY!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

I love Sushi!!

I haven't made any for a while, but every now and then I get the urge and will eat it for a week straight! until DH advises me he's feeling like he's starting to grow gills! hahaha.

I have made rolls before. I even bought some bamboo pads to help with rolling them.... Its loads of fun.

But usually we go to a Korean store and buy Sushi grade fish from them as well as the Sushimi rolls. Costs less that way :headspin:

*resurrects*

I'm wading into the foray of making my own sushi. I've never done it before, hopefully it works out! :blush:

If anyone here has made their own, any tips?

I've got the bamboo mat, the rice vinegar and nori sheets. Was going to start with cucumber avocado rolls.

Iv never made before but I love sushi, where would I get all the ingredients from, & how would I make it? X

My favorite combinations. I rolly them in poppy seeds after, so it's kind of like the caviar they use at a restaurant:

Cucumber/Mango/Avocado

Avocado/Peanut/Cucumber

i love sushi as well! i usually make my own with crabsticks, mango, carrots and mayonaise in it :)

oh yummy!! i am salivating, and i havnt had sushi in a couple of years. whats wrong with me??

if you dont like raw fish, (since pregnancy i havnt enjoyed it), you could use tinned tuna, or veg.

i made my own ages ago, and used the little mats, and nori sheets. oh also, dipped sushi into wasabi paste, and soya sauce.

In making Sushi I've learned that sushi isn't actually fish, its the type of rice you use. :mrgreen:

Its not overly hard! For me the most time consuming thing is prepping the rice. :wacko: You have to rinse it until it stops being cloudy then let it drain for a bit, then soak it in the water (or Dashi) for at least a half hour or more.

If you don't do those your rice won't stick together. But its super fun to try! I'm not so good at the rolling but its getting there. :)

Tiff I should find out the name of the rice I use, I just cook it as is and it's super sticky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->