Svcams and fraud

daneuse27

Reaction score
I've been searching for an apartment to rent online, and have been in contact recently with someone who turns out to be a scammer.

The way he spoke sounded fishy to me, so I googled the name he uses to find that he typically asks for a money wire of first and last,with the promise to mail you the keys and lease, but you actually never hear from him again and he takes off with your money.He's asked me for my full name, address and wire money transfer (none of which Ive given to him) but I hate to think of anyone else falling victim to this scam.

What should I do? Obviously I'm not going to send him any money, but is there an easy way to report him somehow or should I contact the police? Not sure how seriously this stuff is taken by law enforcement.

i would contact the police & report him.
x

Definitely need to go to the police and let them know.Don't know if they always take it seriously (not knocking police but just depends on their resources etc) but it's definitely reportable. x

Thanks ladies. I've contacted the police, they said while there isn't a whole lot they can do to him since he hasn't actually done anything to me (ie: taken my money) they can certainly look into him, and alert the public. I gave them the name and email address he's using as well as the address he claims the apartment is at. I also flagged his online listing as spam x

I believe the FBI have a special unit dealing with this type of person xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->