SW to get pregnant! :)

M

MissHollie

Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could help me :flower:

I've always been curvy but over the past year and a half i've put on tons of weight and my periods have stopped :cry: I seen my doctor and they said it was probably due to my weight gain. I joined slimming world three weeks ago and so far i've lost 9lbs but they still haven't come back yet, am I being too impatient? I was just wondering if anyone's periods have stopped until they've lost weight? Or anyone had a similar experience? I'm just terrified I'll not be able to have children, me, my fiance and both are families are desperate for us to have a baby and at the minute i'm scared it'll never happen :nope:

Yep. I was always a bigger girl (not huge but curvy with some extra meat) and I always had issues with an irregular period. I randomly lost a very big amount of weight because I wanted to be skinny back when I was 20. When I hit within my healthy BMI, suddenly my periods became regular. I don't think I would have the kids I do if I hadn't lost the weight I did back then and kept it off because my periods were maybe once or twice a year.

Yep. I was always a bigger girl (not huge but curvy with some extra meat) and I always had issues with an irregular period. I randomly lost a very big amount of weight because I wanted to be skinny back when I was 20. When I hit within my healthy BMI, suddenly my periods became regular. I don't think I would have the kids I do if I hadn't lost the weight I did back then and kept it off because my periods were maybe once or twice a year.

Thank you! You've definitively made me feel better, i'm glad it wasn't just me :thumbup:

It varies from person to person, one person could be a stone overweight and it has an affect of their cycles and the next person could be 5 stone overweight and have no problems. I'm very big and since starting SW my cycles have gone from 35 days to 30 days.

It varies from person to person, one person could be a stone overweight and it has an affect of their cycles and the next person could be 5 stone overweight and have no problems. I'm very big and since starting SW my cycles have gone from 35 days to 30 days.

Yeah, my friend is like 25stone and she's got three kids, I don't weigh anywhere near that much and my cycle is all over the place. One of my sisters is 10 stone overweight and has a seven year old the other is only 2 stone over and her cycle is messed up too. I just hope everything will be okay with me. I haven't had a period for three months I think :nope:

i was always a big girl at my biggest 17st plus my periods stopped for more than a year i then was advised to lose weight i went down to 13st and they became normal 27-30 day cycles i put back on 2 stone and had a period once every 2 months and now im 16st again and seeing whats going to happen so from my experience weight is a factor

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->