Swaddling

nessajane

Reaction score
Morning Girls,

For those of you that swaddle your baby to sleep, what age did you stop doing it?

I swaddle Tyler as its the only way we can get him to settle quickly in the night as if he isnt swaddled hes forever kicking his arms and legs around!!

But the last week or two hes getting that strong that somenights hes able to get out of the swaddle :dohh: and then he wont settle back to sleep untill we swaddle him back up!!

We are using just normal blankets atm and im wondering if its worth getting the proper swaddling blankets??

Thanks xxx

I did it until he was about 3 months old ! and my friend did it for only 1 month.

I've used miracle blankets since he was born simply because he would not sleep without them. He's 3 months now and I'm getting him to take his daytime naps without being swaddled - he's definitely getting better at it! Not brave enough to interfere with his night sleeps just yet! Its a lot harder for them to wriggle out of a miracle blanket than just a regular one - trust me - I've got a very very wriggly baby, an ordinary blanket only lasts about 10 mins with him!

We did it with Charlotte for a few weeks...maybe up to 10 weeks I guess. She could wriggle out of the blankets, there was just a bit of knack to doing it tight enough and keeping her arms inside while you did it.

I still swaddle Poppy but I have started to leave one arm out as she sucks her fingers and that helps her to settle herself. You might find that, when he is ready to stop being swaddles, he will just not allow you to swaddle him so he might make the decision for you!

Hannah was swaddled until just about a month ago. We actually still swaddle her when we put her in bed at night (calms her down) but she gets out of it quickly and than stays unswaddled the rest of the night

We did it until she grew out of our swaddle me (maybe 3 months? don't remember exactly), It's a great product, the velcro really helps keep them from kicking out of it, I definitely recommend it.
https://www.amazon.com/Kiddopotamus...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1235144649&sr=8-5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->