Swaddling?

Vickie

Hannah & Rhys <3
Reaction score
How long did you all swaddle your babies? Or do you still?

We had stopped swaddling Hannah within days of coming home from the hospital but have recently started swaddling again because she's been fighting her sleep the last few weeks. It has really seemed to help calm her down and get her to sleep more quickly and for longer periods of time during the day (never had problems with her sleeping at night............yet :rofl:)

I tried swaddling Kira but she didn't like it so never really done it properly

I do it all the time.Skyler loves it.

I only swaddle at night time so that she knows the difference (hopefully) during the day she just gets covered with a blanket.
It does calm her quickly and makes her really sleepy when she feels all cosy and wrapped up. :D

Hannah actually gets quite irritated with us when we are swaddling her but after it's done and she's wrapped up she calms down immediately

I only swaddle at night time so that she knows the difference (hopefully) during the day she just gets covered with a blanket.
It does calm her quickly and makes her really sleepy when she feels all cosy and wrapped up. :D

We tend not to swaddle at night as she's always slept well at night, but during the day I couldn't get her to nap and she was crying in the evening for hours because she got overly tired. The swaddling has really saved me there, I can now get her down at least for a few 30 minute naps throughout the day :D

I had to stop just before 3 months because even with his mini mesh bumpers on his side to keep him in place, he was rolling onto his front and I didn't want him to be stuck and something to happen.

We do at it night time before bed, I don't bother doing it in the afternoon for his naps

Looks like I may have to go back to the swaddling as Chase has been hard to settle for his naps these past few days.

It's really helped with Hannah, she was waking herself up before she ever fully dropped off for her naps :dohh: She still doesn't sleep for long chunks during the day but I'll take the 30 minutes that I can get :D

How long did you all swaddle your babies? Or do you still?

We had stopped swaddling Hannah within days of coming home from the hospital but have recently started swaddling again because she's been fighting her sleep the last few weeks. It has really seemed to help calm her down and get her to sleep more quickly and for longer periods of time during the day (never had problems with her sleeping at night............yet :rofl:)

My baby is 7 weeks.

I don't even do it anymore, she breaks out of it. lol

Mello

i havent done it since i left the hospital....

... however was just reading my mag about this and it says it only works in the first few weeks of life cos they begin to get to active!!

It seems to help Hannah calm down when we wrap her, she's gotten very very active and constantly wakes herself up during the day if we don't swaddle her...yes she does eventually break free but at least she gets about 30 minutes of sleep :rofl: much better than what she was getting

I still swaddle Bella. She usually gets one arm out and will suck her hand, but she loves it. It makes her sleep so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->