sweating

Lois22

Mum to Emilia
Reaction score
Since having my LO 5 weeks ago I am constantly boiling hot and sweating. I had this with my first too! Anyone else or am I weird?

Xx

My temperature gauge is better than when I was pregnant, I can actually get under the duvet at night now, which is lovely. But. I am mega sweaty when I wake up to feed in the night, and when I walk or exercise... It's weird isn't it, wonder if it's to do with baby bring able to smell us and remember who mum is?!

Lovely idea, just wish I didn't ming all the time!!

X

I had this too!!! Always felt like I needed a shower, hated it!! Bad enough when others come to visit, that you look like you are half dead, with milk and vomit stains all over, but then you feel like you've run a marathon haha.

Yep me! Like bumphope I'm not permanently hot like I was when I was pregnant and can enjoy sleeping under the duvet, but I keep waking up drenched in sweat and having hot flushes whenever I start breastfeeding!

Yes I have been having hot flashes and sweating profusely as well!

This also happened to me for about 4 weeks or so after I gave birth, it was awful! When I mentioned it to my midwife, she said it was normal and is the body's way of ridding itself of excess water retained during pregnancy.

Sooo normal. It's part of pregnancy as well as the hormones trying to regulate after pregnancy. I was always feeling like I was in a sauna. I NEVER sweat except when I am pregnant/after I give birth. So miserable.

I asked my midwife about this and she also said it was one of the ways in which the body gets rid of the excess fluid you built up during the pregnancy. So it's completely normal, if slightly unpleasant :)

Yep I had a week where I had to sleep between towels because I was so hot and sweaty, was gross but as others said its normal and flushes out the fluid you held on to during pregnancy.

ever since i was preg and still now, i sweat and stink within a min, i can get a shower, use deo & roll on, not even be warm but sweat and stink of b.o within 10 mins, not like the B.O you smell when you walk past someone but i can defo smell it under my pits LOL

I've not been able to tolerate heat since being pregnant with DD. like..I get very sick very quickly in temps over about 70f. But I haven't noticed sweating more specifically.

Ugh glad to hear we are not alone. I am boiling!!! Doesn't help I live in Texas and it's 100+ every day! :( Showering only makes me feel better when I am in it!!! :( Can't swim yet because I haven't healed completely and baby girl is still young...otherwise I'd live in the pool!!! :(

I am fine during the day but at night I wake up real hot and sweaty, I have to open the bedroom window and curtains to let fresh air in. I remember experiencing the same with DS and the MW said it was total normal.

The funniest thing is when I look in the mirror in the morning and my hair looks like I've been dragged through a hedge. It always makes me think of the episode of Friends when Monica's hair goes huge in Barbados - "it's the humidity"!

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->