Sweep tomorrow...what are your experiences?

alio

Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm off for my sweep tomorrow. When I read up on this procedure all the books are really positive that it can do something and start you off within 48 hours,but all the experiences I hear about it, it hasn't done anything..... I'm going to have it done because I really want a water birth and each day that passes reduced my chances.....

I also book my induction date tomorrow..... Bum and bugger. Stubborn ass baby.:hissy::hissy:

xx

I get mine Thurs and book my induction too!

Mine went ok, I like to think it did something even tho it never sent me into labour with 48 hours, i did go a week later hours before my 2nd one :rofl: you never know LO might be like mine and not like the midwife touching his head and the thought of this might make him POP out :)

Good luck hunni :) XxxxX

P.s the more relaxed you are the more likely it is to work as the better she will get at your cervix. So i know its not pleasent the thought of a lady with here fingers up your *wohoo* but to be honest in labour my midwife had her's in my *wohoo* more than out :rofl: so get used to it and what better time than now......so grit teeth and smile and bare it, doesnt last long and chances of it working out weighs all of that :) XXxxXX

Cheers ladies, you're lovely...... Well, Ema your boy is just beautiful..... but what a journey eh?!

I get mine Thurs and book my induction too!

It would be so funny if she booked us in for induction on same date... Seeing as our 5th Oct babies aren't doing jack shit. x

i had one last week - and although i didnt go into labour i have had pains and niggles since with an increase in discharge. i phoned today to ask for another - so am going to see her as i dont want to be induced on fri - am to looking for a water birth.

Silly point - take a sanitary towl with you -- you may bleed and thier ones are not the most comfortable - i didnt bleed or get a show but my cervix was thick and posterior. think it works best if your cervix is ripe - so ask and if it is keep everything crossed, other than your legs that is!!!!

i had one last week - and although i didnt go into labour i have had pains and niggles since with an increase in discharge. i phoned today to ask for another - so am going to see her as i dont want to be induced on fri - am to looking for a water birth.

Silly point - take a sanitary towl with you -- you may bleed and thier ones are not the most comfortable - i didnt bleed or get a show but my cervix was thick and posterior. think it works best if your cervix is ripe - so ask and if it is keep everything crossed, other than your legs that is!!!!

You're a star. THanks for that!!! xxx

I had one friday and it was no worse than a smear. Nothing to report so far except a few more niggles, BHs and a bit of pain in my cervix. Hoping it moves me from about 2cms by the time I have my next one which is a week tomorrow.

x

No experiences just wanted to wish you luck! Hope it works for you so you dont have to be induced x

Good luck all you guys who are getting sweeps! I hope they do something for you!!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->