Sweet smelling urine

Fire_fly

Reaction score
Everytime I go to the bathroom today, it's smells awfully sweet, has anyone had this happen before? It only started this afternoon. Going to call my local maternity unit in the morning (my local one isn't opened at this time on the weekend) so they would send me to the next one which is an hours drive and I've nobody to be watch DD whose in bed or give me a lift. I do have gestational diabetes but it's well controlled with metaformin, don't know if maybe that's it?

I don't know if 'sweet'is the right word, but I've definitely had some urine that had a strong smell to it (not a bad smell, just obvious/different). I've probably only had it (or noticed it I guess) 2-3 times over the last 1-2 weeks. Most times, there is no smell at all.

Not sure if this is similar to what your experiencing.. I hadn't really given it too much thought, just because it's been sporadic and not a bad smell. Be interesting to know if it does mean something..

Yes, this seems to be just a weird thing that happens. I had this a couple weeks ago. It freaked me out but I did a bit of research and it's not uncommon (pregnancy or not), and it isn't an indication of sugar in your urine, which is the usual assumption. It went away after a day, so I assume it must have been something I ate or just random.

Yes, this seems to be just a weird thing that happens. I had this a couple weeks ago. It freaked me out but I did a bit of research and it's not uncommon (pregnancy or not), and it isn't an indication of sugar in your urine, which is the usual assumption. It went away after a day, so I assume it must have been something I ate or just random.[/QUOTE

It's odd isn't it? It's still there today but I called the midwife and she's not worried. Says it's probably because of my GD and they'll see me next week planned. I was thinking that, maybe something I ate but I never eat anything sweet or have any drinks with sugar in it, my levels can't handle it.
It's good yours went away, hopefully mine will too.

I don't know if 'sweet'is the right word, but I've definitely had some urine that had a strong smell to it (not a bad smell, just obvious/different). I've probably only had it (or noticed it I guess) 2-3 times over the last 1-2 weeks. Most times, there is no smell at all.

Not sure if this is similar to what your experiencing.. I hadn't really given it too much thought, just because it's been sporadic and not a bad smell. Be interesting to know if it does mean something..

Yeah I've had that a little myself over my pregnancy, I think that's probably just horomones etc? but never sweet, in fact never had this in my life:shrug:
The midwife seems to think it's my GD causing it, doesn't know for sure but it put my mind at rest that she's not worried.

Does it smell like maple syrup ?

A little although I'd say more like sugar puff cereal :shrug:

Have you been taking fenugreek pills or tea? Or cooking with fenungreek? That makes it smell like maple syrup

There is also a condition called maple syrup urine disease but I know nothing about it. I only know bc I googled it once when my pee smelled like maple syrup due to all the fenungreek pills I was taking

Does it smell like maple syrup ?

A little although I'd say more like sugar puff cereal :shrug:

Have you been taking fenugreek pills or tea? Or cooking with fenungreek? That makes it smell like maple syrup

There is also a condition called maple syrup urine disease but I know nothing about it. I only know bc I googled it once when my pee smelled like maple syrup due to all the fenungreek pills I was taking

Sorry, I just saw your post! No, I've never cooked with that before but I do think it must have been something I ate or drank because it just went away:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->