• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Switching back to normal milk from comfort

baileybubs

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering what everyone's experience of this was and how they did it. My son isn't far off 5 months so I don't think colic or wind will be an issue anymore which was why we put him on it, but he's started stopping drinking after half a bottle now and I'm wondering if it's filling him too much. Also we are out a lot and it would be so much better if I could have the ready made stuff for him for those times.

For the last 3 days I have alternated bottles of comfort and normal, and he seems fine except he now throws up a lot more than he did on the comfort. I don't want to stop the transition just yet as he might just be getting used to it, but did anyone else experience this? I've always heard that comfort was more likely to make them sick so I don't get why my son is now being more sick wit the normal one? Or maybe it's just because he's drinking too much of it as it's thinner.

How has the switch gone for any of you?

It is probably because it's thinner ... you can try either going down a teat size or thickening with carobel.

We are using comfort milk due to colic and bad reflux. Comfort milk is thicker therefore less chance of it coming back up. We tried switching back to normal over Xmas and it well and truely upset his tummy so went straight back to comfort and will be staying on this until he can have cows milk. If you want to carry on then it should take 3 weeks to fully swap, introducing 1 normal milk a day for 4-6 days then up it to 2 for a week etc until you are fully swapped over x

Thanks jojo, I persevered though and he's fine on normal milk now. It's just much easier to be able to have the ready made stuff, especially when the ex has him for the day. Thanks!

you can try either going down a teat size or thickening with carobel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->