Switching between formulas?

BabyCleo

New mama to Lily-Grace
Reaction score
I got some coupons in the mail today for a brand of formula I don't use - but I wouldn't mind saving money! Is it possible to change up formulas from time to time or should I really keep at just the one we are using now? There is nothing wrong with the one we use, it works great - but I wouldn't mind saving money. Just not sure if this can be done!

My daughter just had to change my granddaughter formula as she was having problems getting hold of the usual one. She transferred with no problems at all. I don't know if they normally recommend it's done gradually though.

If you have a formula that works great I would not change it, it can constipate them and cause lots of havoc to their digestion which then means problems in sleep... A formula that works is worth its weight in gold! X

I switched around quite a bit until I found the perfect one for her and she had no problems with the switches. I found that she handles a generic brand a bit better than it's name brand counterpart, so we went the cheaper route.

My little guy is on a soy formula and we have switched from one store brand to another and had no issues. Occasionally when the store is out of the store brand we buy the name brand I have not noticed any issues switching around.

I wondered about this a few weeks ago when my SIL was having problems with my newborn niece and she put it down to the formula. She had her on cow and gate and was going to switch to aptamil, we went and had a chat with a pharmacist at boots and it turns out that those 2 brands are exactly the same (ingredient wise). The only difference was one had 0.1 less sodium than the other (I can't remember which way round it is). I'd have a chat with a pharmacists just to be sure as it depends which brands you're swapping from and to.

I wondered about this a few weeks ago when my SIL was having problems with my newborn niece and she put it down to the formula. She had her on cow and gate and was going to switch to aptamil, we went and had a chat with a pharmacist at boots and it turns out that those 2 brands are exactly the same (ingredient wise). The only difference was one had 0.1 less sodium than the other (I can't remember which way round it is). I'd have a chat with a pharmacists just to be sure as it depends which brands you're swapping from and to.

Ive got my 17 day old son on cow & gate and was considering switching to aptamil so thanks for posting hun this has helped, I think I'm going to go with cow & gate but the comfort range as he is quiet windy and has been crying a lot with belly ache so hopefully that helps :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->