Switching drs at 13 Weeks?

18AnExpecting

Reaction score
So here is my situation, I'm being seen at the same OB/GYN as my mom sees, and the same one my sister-in-law saw for her pregnancy.
I REALLY feel uncomfortable there, although my u/s tech was a super sweet heart, the doctor and other nurses, even the from desk lady make me feel uncomfortable.

My sister in law said she liked them, but I don't know I just don't. I also don't like the fact that I have to see a different doctor every time i am in there I really would enjoy only seeing ONE OB, or midwife throughout my pregnancy so i don't have to explain situations multiple times, it's starting to aggravate me. And another big oopsie that they had was that I had an appt. scheduled for the end of this week, and when i called to confirm it they told me that they didn't even have me down for an appointment and that I would have to reschedule. I was so angry, I start a new job on Monday and have to make time for this appointment while trying to switch around my schedule because it's 2nd shift instead of 1st shift.

I just don't know how to go about finding a new doctor and leaving the one I'm currently seeing. Any and all advice would be GREATLY appreciated.

With my last pregnancy, I switched at 25 weeks bc my ob was very rude. She always wore short dresses and 6 in heels, never scrubs, was always late because she was doing stuff with her kids. She never did any measurements, paps, or blood tests. She even went to so far as to yell at my stepson who was 2 at the time. I couldn't deal with it anymore, so I went out on a hunt for a new one. It was difficult bc I was more than halfway through my pregnancy. A lot of docs needed a consent from my current ob to transfer my prenatal care. I finally found one. My current ob and I love her!! She's amazing and I when I conceived this time, I knew there was no one else I would want to care for me and my unborn child. So if you're going to do it, do it now as it will be difficult to get accepted once you hit the 2nd tri. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->