Switching formula brands- advice please

I moved Connor from sma gold to sma lactose free because we thought he had colic but then found out from HV after getting some results from tests he had done in hospital that he was lactose intolerant. After about a week on it he was like a different baby, no constant screaming because he was in pain, bringing up his wind much easier and he started sleeping through and he's alot easier to settle. Have you thought it may not be colic because like you we had tried gripe water, infacol, detinox colic drops and nothing worked. I actually think we made him worse by giving him stuff for colic because he never actually had colic in first place.

I hope that makes sense because ive rambled on abit

I moved Connor from sma gold to sma lactose free because we thought he had colic but then found out from HV after getting some results from tests he had done in hospital that he was lactose intolerant. After about a week on it he was like a different baby, no constant screaming because he was in pain, bringing up his wind much easier and he started sleeping through and he's alot easier to settle. Have you thought it may not be colic because like you we had tried gripe water, infacol, detinox colic drops and nothing worked. I actually think we made him worse by giving him stuff for colic because he never actually had colic in first place.

well thats summink to think about.. maybe I will try the lactose free too? thing is I love milk and drank it all through pregnancy- still do! surely it would have made him used to it not intolerant? no? :shrug:

well thats summink to think about.. maybe I will try the lactose free too? thing is I love milk and drank it all through pregnancy- still do! surely it would have made him used to it not intolerant? no? :shrug:

I drank it all way through my pregnancy aswell but connor still lactose intolerant so i dont think it gets them used to it. The lactose free can only be gotten from chemists, you can still use your vouchers for it. You could always talk to your hv about it and see what she says

I drank it all way through my pregnancy aswell but connor still lactose intolerant so i dont think it gets them used to it. The lactose free can only be gotten from chemists, you can still use your vouchers for it. You could always talk to your hv about it and see what she says

Thanks.

I dont qualify for the vouchers! :cry: I think I am too honest sometimes. I havent got half the free stuff loads of others seemed to have got.

Yeah seeing HV on 23rd Sept so I will speak to her about it :thumbup:

We're switching Grady to another formula, and we were told to do it gradually.
The first 2 days we added 2 oz of the new formula, to 5oz of the original. And every 2-3 days we are going to add another oz of the new formula until we've made it to completely the new stuff.
It is a pain in the butt, I'm not going to lie.. but we haven't had any issues yet, and we're on day 3.

well HV advised me today to stick to one or the other and not mix just to use up the easy digest.. so I did.
And blow me!! he is now finishing every bottle and wanting more.. (each bot is 4oz, 120ml).. like tonight he had 2 120ml bottles within 2 hours!!!
God knows whats going on! its obviously thicker with the 1 scoop of easy digest in with it but the number 1 cow and gate newborn formula he is just wolfing down! the little pigger.. I just hope its a growth spurt.. cos today he was weighed and is 9lb 2! he was born 5 weeks ago at 6lb 10.

We've just changed from SMA gold to cow and Gate newborn and ditto, she loves it!
The sma gold had changed imo as it never used to stink like it does now, and she kind of went off it.
I've tasted both and have to say the cow and gate, although dearer, is worth it.

I also told my health visitor that I was changing and she didnt seem surprised - just said Right, so I wonder if other people have gone off SMA gold too that she sees.

I also switched with no probs. Archie was on sma gold and it kept making him sick and it didnt satisfy him so switched to sma white and he was fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->