Switching formulas?!?! Symptoms?? Help!

Midge1989

Reaction score
Hello moms, Ives recently been advised by a nurse to switch from enfamil a+ to a lower iron formula so I choose similac lower iron. Since the switch which has only been 12 hours ago, my 3 month old has been spitting up with every burp and its a lot of spit up, it just shoots out. He wasn't doing that before. The switch was due to him being so gasy, he'd be awake all night long in has pain. He hasn't been constipated before so that wasn't an issue like with Manu higher iron formulas. Now I'm afraid this was a bad switch of he's spitting up half his milk all the time. He is still very gasy at night and up most of the night crying. I don't know what to do. :nope:

Hello moms, Ives recently been advised by a nurse to switch from enfamil a+ to a lower iron formula so I choose similac lower iron. Since the switch which has only been 12 hours ago, my 3 month old has been spitting up with every burp and its a lot of spit up, it just shoots out. He wasn't doing that before. The switch was due to him being so gasy, he'd be awake all night long in has pain. He hasn't been constipated before so that wasn't an issue like with Manu higher iron formulas. Now I'm afraid this was a bad switch of he's spitting up half his milk all the time. He is still very gasy at night and up most of the night crying. I don't know what to do. :nope:

Sometimes he just needs time to adjust, give the new formula a week and if you still don't see a change than you might need to switch again. I switched my son from Similac Sensitive to Similac Alimentum and my god the first day was terrible, he was so miserable; but it got better with each day.

Did you make the switch all at once, or did you introduce it slowly? It might help to wean your baby off the old formula (start by doing a quarter new and three quarters old formula, then fifty fifty, etc).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->