Switching from normal formula to comfort- experiences

Lissidoll123

Reaction score
As above who has done this and did you see any improvements in terms of your LO being more settled/ suffering less from colic?

I've spoken to a few friends who actually used this from birth just to avoid encountering any probs.....

In the evening before I started using colief LO was very unsettled, screaming, going red in the face and knees up in pain. This still happens but is far less now so just wondering if comfort milk would eradicate this altogether?

Just after opinions, thanks! X

It was like a lightbulb turning on for my LO. No more screaming everytime he tried to poo or with wind. I had to use a carton of normal once about a month after I started him on it and he screamed in pain afterwards :(

Just a warning though, it can turn their poo green. And you may need bigger teats (I use avent variflo)

Hope this helps x

Ok thanks, at what age did you start feeding LO comfort? Currently I'm using the 1+month avent teets. I might give it a go then. Today LO has been really ratty and thrusting all day and I know she's trying to poop as she didn't go yesterday..... Finally she did one this afternoon but she always seems so uncomfortable x

He was about 4 weeks old I think. Those were the teats I was using when I switched and I had to go out and buy a full set of variflo (you'll need variflo with avent coz unlike tommie tippie and other brands which make the hole bigger as you move up teat sizes, they just add an extra little hole :dohh:) I'd deffo give it a go. You'll know within 24/48 hours if it agrees with your LO! x

I have switched my LO's formula a bunch d/t major stomach problems. He is currently on Similac Sensitive and its going well for him. He did struggle with constipation at the very beginning for a few days after the switch, but I think that's normal. He has been on this kind for several months now. He is almost 6 months so I think we will just leave him on it until he is weaned!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->