Switching from sugar to sweetex in tea

babycrazy1706

Mummy to Elijah and TTC
Reaction score
What are the benefits/risks?

I usually take 2 sugars in a cup of tea, about 3/4 times daily, thinking about making the switch.

Has anyone else Xx

I switched to sweetener. Absolutely hated it in tea. Ended up cutting down to just half a spoon of it.

Xx

I switched last may.I avoid aspartame based sweetners and I dont have excessive amounts,maybe 3-4 cups of tea a day.If Im out I will have one sugar instead cos I dont carry them around with me.

I (personally) don't touch artificial sweeteners. I'd have sugar over anything artificial tbh. I do try to stay away from sugar as much as I can though and substitute with raw honey in my hot drinks xx

I can't stand the taste of Sweetex or any other fake sugar stuff. I drink tea without sugar anyway.

Try cutting down the sugar with a view to cut it out altogether? I used to have to have coffee with sugar in it but had to cut it out when I was on a diet, after a couple of days I had got used to it and now if I have a coffee, I will either have no sugar or half a teaspoon.

Interesting. After doing some research I think I'll either try and cut down to one sugar and then 1\2 or try honey like nutshake suggested. Thanks ladies. Xx

I'd be inclined to wean off the sweet tea rather than start using sweeteners instead of sugar. I don't personally use sweeteners as i feel they are worse than sugar!

Eta: sorry posted at the same time as you before reading above post!

If you want a replacement xylatol is better for you. Obviously its better to just cut it out though.

I got some yesterday and tried it in my coffee this morning. It's rank! Doesn't taste anything like sugar imo! It's sweet but just made my coffee taste really chemically!

I've had a cranberry tea this morning without any sugar, I'll probably try and stick to this if I can. Xx

I would cut back on the sugar or just have a little. Sweeteners and anything artificial are really not good for you

I have 2 sugars in my tea, can't stand sweetner. I do only have 1 or 2 a day but have recently switched to green tea. No sugar and no calories. Win!

Tea shouldn't need sugar. Try it with honey or with lemon if you need extra flavour but I simply stopped taking the sugar and put a splash extra milk in. I've never looked back, and now I can actually taste the tea I really enjoy the different types of tea you can get although I do like a nice cup of Yorkshire!! lol :blush:

I agree, I'd try and cut down on the sugar rather than using sweeteners

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"