Switching Milk Help?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
So ive decided to move Brooke onto SMA toddler milk now she's 1 (just about) she's been on SMA Gold since birth, HV told me i didnt need to switch to follow on at 6 months if i didnt want to.

Im having trouble making the transition, i was initially going to do one bottle a day but even thats failing, she just wont drink it, takes 2 mouthfuls and looks at it like a piece of crap :rofl:

Its pretty important she drinks goes onto this milk now as she's a pretty big milk drinker taking 20 - 25oz alongside 3 meals a day

So how am i going to do this, any ideas? Can you mix the two different formulas together and gradually put less and less of the Gold in with the toddler milk? Is that safe ... im stuck :shrug:

Is she not moving onto normal milk? Sorry just wondering, haven't seen any other threads about it.

I would imagine you would be able to wean from one milk to another by mixing them and then slowly lowering the amount of one and upping the other. When we went from formula to full fat, we started with just a couple oz of full fat, and then increased the ratio of full fat to formula until he was just completely on full fat.

See she doesnt like cows milk either so i was hoping to switch to toddler for a few months because of the iron content, otherwise she wont be having enough based on the other stuff she eats.

Anyone would think im trying to give her poision the looks she gives me :rofl:

I just wasnt sure if it was ok to mix the two but milk is milk i guess?

I have no experience really but could you maybe try a different brand of toddler milk? xx

No idea if you can mix formula milks :shrug:maybe try a different brand. Jack was on growing up milk cow&gate until around 18 months x

Yes you can mix the milks. I work in SCBU and we quite often mix milks when changing them onto a different formula or from BM to formula. Start off with 3/4 of the old milk and 1/4 of the new milk....then gradually work your way down. We are currently switching James from Aptamil to Cow and Gate Comfort because of a possible milk intolerance and he also screams the place down and gives me a proper dirty look when I give him the new milk.

Have you tried the ready made milk? For some reason Brady loves the ready made stuff over the powdered milk

Thanks girls :)

Dom this one doesnt come in a ready made version which is a pain as the Gold milk we used before does :lol:

Dom this one doesnt come in a ready made version which is a pain as the Gold milk we used before does :lol:

Really? What a pain! I thought all of SMA's milks came in ready made versions

logan seems to think im trying to poison him to !!

He will not take the toddler milks and he will only take cows milk from a cup !

Really? What a pain! I thought all of SMA's milks came in ready made versions

It seems to be only their "first milks" so Gold, Hungry Baby (Blue) and Follow on (Red)

I had a look on their website i had no idea they did so many different kinds aside from those three :lol:

I saw some ready made follow on milk in sainsburys in stevenage! ;)
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"