Switching sides

Athena

Mum of 3 :)
Reaction score
My LO is 6 months next week. She is ebf and we just started blw in the last week.

Most times when I nurse her she will feed for a few minutes, then sit up, moan have a look round and generally fuss about. I keep latching her back on but she keeps coming off until I switch sides and then she feeds off the other side like normal. Normally she would just happily nurse from one breast each feeding but now she does this. It doesn't make a difference which side I start on, she always wants to switch after a few mins :shrug:

Is this ok? I'm worried it will mess with my supply. Also, my breasts hardly ever feel full anymore, only in the am if she's slept longer than usual and not nursed. Is my supply running out? Can that even happen?

I thought we were over the tough stage but it feels hard work getting her to feed properly lately, I never got this far bf with my other two kids so clueless really.

TIA :flower:

It all sounds very normal :thumbup: your supply is established at this point, which means that it probably won't change a whole lot (until you wean) and it's normal not to feel full. She's probably just distracted and likes the faster flow from the fuller side. You could even keep switching back and forth to see if that helps. I couldn't have done without switch nursing when LO was your daughter's age -- sometimes we switched back and forth up to 3-4 times. In the early days switch nursing can increase your supply but that's not really a concern at this point. Just watch her diapers to make sure she isn't ending up with too much foremilk, but I haven't heard of that happening at 6 months. Anyway it all sounds normal and fine!

Fantastic thank you! What a relief :) thanks again x

Mine were a nightmare to feed at that age! I used to have to sit facing a wall to feed so when they tried to be nosy they couldnt see and quickly went back to feeding.Luckliy it didnt take long to pass.

It's always fun when we're out and about and I'm left with my whole nipple on display when Rose decides to have a nosy at who's walking past!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->