Switching to formula at 6 weeks and in a complete mess HELP

think of it this way. If your baby is eating around the clock he's not getting quality sleep. It is better for him to get more sleep if he eats every 3 hours and is able to take naps in between. So don't feel guilty breaking him out of snacking.

growth spurt is a possibility but IMO baby should still be eating "full meals" during a spurt, only more frequently.

Also read the book Babywise -- I don't follow it exactly but it gives me a guideline of what to do. At first I was like "oh this is crap, it does not apply to my LO" but you know what -- after much trial & error, I figured that it was (mostly) right after all! It was very shocking for me to realize my LO had been screaming his head off because he's tired, not because he's hungry. It took practice for both of us to realize when he needs to go to a nap instead of eating.

basically you want to get on a cycle like this: eat. "awake time" aka play with the baby. watch very closely for "sleep cues" like yawning, rubbing eyes, slowly blinking, crying, etc. put LO to sleep. Repeat. baby should be napping between almost every feed at 6 weeks.

Hang on in there. 2 months was a huge developmental leap for my LO, sleep-wise. :D

Edit: 30 oz is a lot for a 6 week old! Agree, guidelines aren't exact and shouldn't be. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->