Swollen Eyelid *UPDATE with pic

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Jayden woke up yesterday morning with a swollen eyelid on his left eye. Can't see any bite marks or anything related to a sty. He also didn't bang it and yet it looks bruised too.

Today it's worse.

Anyone know what this might be? A bacteria infection? The whites of his eyes are not red/pink though.

Going to take him to a clinic today.

https://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg298/lee380/DSC00311.jpg

Ive no idea but he def needs seeing hope they sort him out xxx

I'm not sure, ask Amanda what she's been beating her brother up for :rofl:

Seriously though, I hope he's alright xx

That doesn't look good! :hugs: Let us know what the clinic says

Did something bite him because eyes really swell from insect bites?

It could be a blocked duct/gland in the upper lid, which has now become infected.

It may need a course of antibiotics to clear it up.

I would definitely get him to DRs ASAP tomorrow, to get them to have a look at it.

Other possibility could be a reaction to something, he touched it then rubbed his eyelid.

I'd be more likely to go with infection though.

Hope he gets better soon.

Brought him to the clinic and the doctor is treating it as an infection, although I honestly don't think he has 100% of an idea of what it is. But, Jayden is on antibiotics and if it gets worse I am to bring him back as he was also talking about cellulite orbital:

https://www.thebeautytips.com/beauty/cellulite/orbital-cellulite.htm

My little boy recently had a bad eye and was treated for an infection but it showed no signs of clearing up after a week so we took him back to the gp and saw a different dr, he had an internal sty (the first doctore didn't bother to look in his eye) they gave him a different cream and it cleared up in a matter of days, it was very swollen though - Hope Jayden is better soon x

Orbital cellulitis did cross my mind, but he would also have conjunctivitis, a fever, a lot of pain around the eye and be unwell in himself.

There is concern that if infection untreated then it could dev to orbital cellulitis. I didn't want to freak you out last night.

If he starts to run a temp or seem unwell in himself then I'd get him straight back to docs or A & E.

I'm sure the antib's will clear it up.
:hug:to you both

The doctor said if it was cellulite orbital it would be affecting his bottom eyelid too and the other variation is that he wouldn't be able to move his eyeball as that variation affects the eye muscles.

But, he did say to keep an eye on him the next few days.

Poor jayden, that looks awful. Is it any better yet?

Only 6:20 a.m. here so we shall see when he wakes up.

Funny, don't you hate when kids get bumps, etc. on their face and taking them out to public places? "NO, I don't beat on my kid." LOL

Only 6:20 a.m. here so we shall see when he wakes up.

Funny, don't you hate when kids get bumps, etc. on their face and taking them out to public places? "NO, I don't beat on my kid." LOL

:lol:

My eyelid swelled up like that when I had a sty a few years ago....looked like I'd been in a fight! Did the doctor look underneath his eyelid or is it too puffy? x

It's far too puffy to look. That's why I am saying the doctor isn't 100% sure of what it is but is treating it like an infection.

Which it very well probably is. Jayden needs to be kept on about washing his hands.

I do remember too the other day he was using hairspray in his hair (he likes doing his mohawks :dohh:) and with all the water he put in his hair and then the hairspray, it was running down his face. Perhaps that irritated it, or caused an infection. Should have brought this up to the doctor but totally forgot about it til now.

It could be a reaction to that. Is he rubbing at it?

Has he had a recent ear infection?

Have just dug out my Wills Eye manual from my work bag & it could be Preseptal Cellulitis. It can occur following lid infection, so he may have originally started wiht a stye that then progressed to this.

poor jayden :hugs: was wondering how it was, hope it clears up soon honey :hugs: x

Hope he is ok. Something similar happened me a few years back. I got hair dye in my eye and it ended up all swollen so it could well be the hairspray.

Still looks the same. He's only had two doses of antibiotics though so should see a change in the next day.

Asked the doctor if he should be home from school. The doctor said "Well, they'd take one look at him and send him home anyway." LOL

Besides, I can imagine what the teachers would think if I sent him to school that way. :dohh:

Caroline: He doesn't seem to be rubbing at it but I've also told him not to touch it. No ear infection either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->