Swollen feet and ankles?

babypowder

Reaction score
Hello!
Hope everyone is well?
Should I go to my midwife with swollen feet and ankles, they aren't huge, just puffy. My blood pressure was slightly up last visit I had but at normal range, mine is usually slightly low.
Your thoughts? x

Hiya - I have had this. I'm thankful that its not the summer as I'd be wearing flip flops with the most disgusting feet ever. My mw has never been worried about my odema - she said she'd only be concerned if my face swells up. Keep your feet elevated, get OH to massage them - pushing the fluid up towards your body (don't know why!), go swimming, drink plenty of fluids and cut down on your salt intake xx

if it was me hun then yes i would deff go and see my mw, it may be nothing and just the normal preg swelling but as ur bp has been slightly up i wouldnt take the risk !!! xxx

Hiya, my midwife asks me every appt if i have swelling which is always in my feet and ankles. She never seems concerned about it, so unless your hb is considerably high, and its not in hands and face i think you might be ok. maybe mention it at your next appt though x

Try putting your feet up and see if that helps but definitely mention it to your midwife when you see her again.

If it were me i call your midwife to make sure hun i dont have swollen feet or swelling just be safe give her a ring

feet swelling is perfectly normal in late pregnancy, have a foot and leg massage, walk about for a bit or elevate them. Do watch out for hands and feet swelling though as this means something that can be serious. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->