Swollen legs but not feet?!

PG5K

Mom to Alice and Dylan
Reaction score
Hi ladies, the last couple of days I've had really swollen legs but strangely my feet don't look too bad. I did have swollen feet about 4 days ago but it was very hot and I was driving. I wore my work shoes for 2 hours and got a blister from them being too tight.

At the moment it seems to be my legs, my socks leave awful cut in marks that lasted for over three hours last night (I fell asleep after then).

I've always had low blood pressure in pregnancy and my face or hands haven't swollen or anything. I don't know if it's just normal late pregnancy swelling or something to keep an eye on?
I'm nearly 36 weeks now.

I work in an office so I sit on my bum all day!

Sorry its a random picture whilst I'm in the bath :haha:

Attachments

• _20180504_210709.jpg
    _20180504_210709.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 14
Doesn't look like bad swelling to me, just normal pregnancy making things tighter! I noticed that with my socks. Can you check your BP at a chemist just to see? I had swollen feet earlier but I was hiking with my son and walking in a cold stream so my feet were kinda messed up anyways....but I went and checked my BP at the chemist just to double check

(it's actually how I discovered my hypertension in my last pregnancy!)

That looks pretty normal to me though. :thumbup:

I have the same problem for the last few weeks, swollen legs and ankles.
My dr said as long as I dont have high BP or/and protein in my urine, it is just a normal side effect of pregnancy. Like the PP said, just to be on the safe side, I think it is worth to keep an eye on your BP though

Thanks Allie and Hope. I guessed it might be a normal thing, I just couldn't see much on swollen legs but feet being ok.
I'm going to try and walk more this weekend to see if that helps

To me walking makes it worse haha! Or heat....is it warm where you are?

I like somebody else's suggestion about getting your BP checked.

Have you thought about compression socks, especially if you're seated for very long stretches of time?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->