Symptom of pregnancy?

Rainydayxxoo

Reaction score
Hey girls,

I am a previous user here but because my ex knows my previous username and I don't want him reading my post's I registered for a new username. I am not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this and if not please redirect me...

Anyways, I am on the depo shot and got my first round ever Dec 16th and was told March 16th I would be due for my next shot. I visited my boyfriend from the dates of March 6th - March 12th. In this time we did not use a condom and he did ejaculate in my several times throughout the week.

I have been experiencing some startling symptoms and wanted to ask if based off of these signs you girls believe I may need to test. One is having low back pain, tender breasts (have been extremely sore for going on 3 weeks now), and at night I feel extremely nauseous before going to bed.

Today I went to Subway for a sandwich and there was a woman in front of me ordering at least 6 subs and was taking forever. As I was standing there I suddenly became shaky and nauseous. Finally I had to sit down and the feeling of being nauseous worsened dramatically. I started feeling light headed and dizzy and by time I stood up to order my sub and was telling the woman what I wanted on it I was sure I was going to puke all over the place. When I got to the cash register to pay I was dripping in sweat, extremely shaky, and 2 seconds away from barfing all over the woman. I literally threw my money at the lady and ran into the bathroom and dry heaved my guts out.

I had to sit in the bathroom for 5 minutes afterwards before I felt comfortable enough to drive. When I got home I felt better and after 10 minutes was able to eat my food but I did get nauseous again and had to sit down and take some deep breaths.

So what do you girls think? Pregnancy symptoms or am I being paranoid? Thanks!

I definitely recommend taking a test...it sounds highly suspicious! Hope you get the result you want!

I would definitely recommend testing. I was on the depo for many years though and coming off it made me extremely unwell. The chances that you ovulated and got pregnant is unlikely. But not impossible. Depo typically lasts a few days longer than they state because it was initially used to make women sterile... at least thats what I have been told. Obviously with modifications etc it is now simply used as a contraceptive and successfully so. But there can be a variation in how long it typically should last which is why they recommend you go a day or two before you are due it.

Have you had the depo injection since? It is in your best interest for yours (and potentially your baby's) health to do a test.

I hope you get the answers you are wanting.

No I have not gotten a new injection and am not sure I will. The depo made my periods extremely unpredictable and I was bleeding every 2 wks for no longer then 5-6 days. I didn't like this and am not sure this is the contraceptive for me. I had plans to speak to my doctor about some other options but since these symptoms have been present steadily for 2 weeks I am becoming concerned I may be pregnant.

And CJSG, what you are saying is coming off the depo shot made you unwell? Did you experience the same symptoms as me?? And you think the chances of me being pregnant are unlikely? I was a bit confused with your answer hun.

THANKS!! :)

When I came off the depo I was very very sick and nauseous. I bled all the time and ended up anaemic. Its the worst thing I ever did where I am concerned. I wish I never went on it. But it works well for some.

Depo stops you ovulating. So I would suspect that it is unlikely you are pregnant as you have unprotected sex while you were still covered by the depo. I never ever got pregnant in 6 years on it and that was even when I was a few days late getting it on a few occasions. But that doesnt mean it isnt impossible. I would definitely do a test. You should easily have enough hormone to pick up on a test if you are. If its neg, I would trust that result. But if your GP is any good they should do a blood hcg before even considering you for another contraceptive as you have now gone over the expected date for your depo. I hope this helps hun.

Thank you! I have two people I worked with that got pregnant on the depo shot and when I first got the shot they told me to still use protection. I guess it is different for everyone and I am an extremely fertile woman that should of known better then to have unprotected sex, even on the depo. I am due for my period in a week (has been 3 weeks) and thus far have no signs of getting my period. If I do not get my period when I am due then I will test and whatever the result reads I will go to my GYNO and figure out what the next step is based off of what the result is.

Thanks! :hug:

Just thought I would mention - your symptoms sound a lot like low blood sugar. A sudden drop in your blood sugar can make you feel hot, shaky, nauseous, weak, dizzy, clumsy and disorientated. It eases off once you eat. Just something to keep in mind. I get this a lot, especially during times of stress. If you are not pregnant, and this keeps happening, you should mention it to your doctor.

Just thought I would mention - your symptoms sound a lot like low blood sugar. A sudden drop in your blood sugar can make you feel hot, shaky, nauseous, weak, dizzy, clumsy and disorientated. It eases off once you eat. Just something to keep in mind. I get this a lot, especially during times of stress. If you are not pregnant, and this keeps happening, you should mention it to your doctor.

My thoughts exactly! I think it's worth mentioning to your doctor next time you see him/her, regardless of possible pregnancy.

I would do a test anyhow hun - just to put your own mind at rest. If you don't get a BFP I'd speak to your doc about the dizziness etc xxx

it can't hurt to test, but it could hurt if you dont test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->