Symptoms easing at week 8

sedgeez

Mummy to my rainbow
Reaction score
My symptoms were quite strong, but for the past couple of days my boobs are barely even sore. My sickness is nowhere near as bad, and nearly disappeared. It came back yesterday but I think that was due to the fact I'm constipated and haven't pooped for a week.

Is it normal for symptoms to ease this early?

I can't help but worry that I've had another mmc :nope:

Hi love

Not sure if i've posted this to you in another thread we're both in?? It might be someone else! Sorry if i'm replicating. But my symptoms hit their peak at 8 weeks and then began to level off. Although today i'm feeling quite unwell again. Anyway - there are good reasons why sickness specifically seems to level off as the HCG hits a peak at 8 weeks, then levels for about a week and then goes right down. This graph shows it better. https://cnx.org/content/m46353/latest/2919_Hormones_Initiating_Labor-02.jpg

Obviously the only way to be really certain is a US etc, but there are explanations for why this might be completely innocent. Have you previously had a good scan with this pregnancy then?

Hi Linny.

I haven't had a scan yet for this pregnancy. I haven't seen the midwife, I wanted to wait until after 8 weeks. I'll be going next week. Maybe if I tell her this she may get me in for an early scan. If not I may get a private one.

I still feel sicky, but I've just put it down to the constipation.

its funny how when we are suffering with sickness we want it to ease off, but when it does we want it back!

Hi - if it helps I had the same exact thing at 8+4 I think. I went in for a reassurance scan and everything was still perfect. Since then I've seen like 5+ people complain about loss of symptoms around 8-9 weeks and they've all been fine! My doctor said it's really common! So, even though it's pretty much impossible, I'd say try not to worry too much.

ALL and I mean all of my symptoms went away at about 9-10 weeks...Ive had 3 u/s and have a Doppler and baby is perfect =] When the placenta starts growing and taking over they usually fade out.

Yup, sounds like its common. I just posted about it and had a good panic in my journal about it earlier this week. It seemed like over night my symptoms disappeared. Like ALL of them, including not needing to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

And what do you know? They all returned yesterday, and I had to pee at 2:45am and 7:30am. And I was pretty nauseous yesterday too. Perhaps it comes and goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->