Symptoms I should worry about??

ashley_gee89

Mummy of 3.
Reaction score
Over the last few wks my nausea has returned, lost my ms at about 16wks. Anyway, i was in asda last night and had to go toilet, i ended up being sick but i had awful tummy pains while being sick. The last few days ive also been suffering with headaches and today and tonight my eyes keep goin funny, at one point they were blurry then the next it was like a certain spot in my eye, whatever i was lookin at, at this certain spot it was magnified?? Ive also been quite dizzy, i almost fell downstairs yest cos i was dizzy, lucky dh caught me. My bp on weds was 94/60. Normal ? If not, any ideas?

could this mean high blood pressure???? not sure but dont sound good id go to dr/midwife x

ive heard moning sickness can return, mine unfortunately just never went away and it does cause tummy pains sometimes. as for blood pressure that isnt what you'd call normal as it is slightly low but is pretty normal for during pregnancy as alot of women's blood pressure drops when they're pregnant due to the increased volume of blood. mine is usually 115/65 (ish) but had dropped to 90/55 or thereabouts throughout pregnancy. dont know about the other stuff though sorry xxx

could this mean high blood pressure???? not sure but dont sound good id go to dr/midwife x

Well thats. I thought and i know she fkd up when takin my bp on weds anyway (she let the air out too fast, by time she put her finger back over the slip on my arm was already loose). :wacko:

94/60 sounds low hun, but not to worry... low blood pressure is better then high blood pressure.

I am not a doctor, but it sounds like you have the winter bug which I had a few short weeks ago and I was kept in for a few days as there was something called 'keytones' in my urine, which states 'severe dehydration' keep your fluids topped up, fluids is more important then food at the moment, so keep drinking anything you can... squash, water, milk - lay off fizzy and caffine as it can dehydrate you more.

Severe dehydration can effect the eyes and tummy muscle, make you bring up what ever is left in your stomach to try and re-hydrate itself.

I had it for 4 days before I saw a doctor about it and I was sent immediatly to L&D, if you are concerned go straight to your doctor/midwife. Check for your babies little movements and kicks and rest it up girl... you're gonna need it sweetheart. The sickness bug takes it right out of you.

If you start getting any signs of pre-eclampsia (swelling etc) again, head to L&D.

Try not to panic though love. But as I said, low BP is better then high.

Your blood pressure sounds a bit low hun, maybe thats whats making you feel dizzy. Mine also gets low sometimes and I get dizzy. My MS left at 15 weeks, but returned the day before I hit third trimester - nowhere near as bad, but its still not pleasant.

As for the spots in front of your eyes, I really couldn't suggest what that could be, but I do think you should call your midwife and let her know, or even your optician xxx

just quick q - when you say your eyes are funny, do you have any light sensitivity? could maybe be migraines? i wouldnt worry but def worth a call to your midwife just to put your mind at ease. also should have said with blood pressure - without knowing what your blood pressure was pre-preg and at your previous appointments nobody will be able to tell you much as even though thats fine for during pregnancy, its sudden changes in bp you should watch for eg if you bp has always been 140/90 even during pregnancy then suddenly dropped thats more worrying. sure your midwife would have mentioned if it was something unusual for you xxx

Perfect BP is 120/70, just to clarify and the bottom line is the most important number xx

Spots in front of your eyes would represent dizziness. It's what happens when your BP goes a bit low, it's almost a warning to your to get yourself sitting down/drinking/eating.

Perfect BP is 120/70, just to clarify and the bottom line is the most important number xx

hospitals n healthcare will actually take more notice of the top number which is the systolic blood pressure as this is usually a better indicator of a problem, although as blood pressure varies so much person to person it will not even score on EWS obs charts until it is above 200. and just to b picky 120/70 is average bp in a healthy person, not necessarily perfect, most hcp like it slightly lower xxx

your blood pressure is very low, I have low blood pressure and get light headed, fainting and headaches, drink plenty of water :) I hope you feel better soon, just go to your gp or mw and get checked just in case :)

hospitals n healthcare will actually take more notice of the top number which is the systolic blood pressure as this is usually a better indicator of a problem, although as blood pressure varies so much person to person it will not even score on EWS obs charts until it is above 200. and just to b picky 120/70 is average bp in a healthy person, not necessarily perfect, most hcp like it slightly lower xxx

Oh right, sorry perhaps I am misinformed, I used to work in a pharmacy and we used to focus more on the bottom number when we did BP checks, but perhaps its all changed now, that was a few years ago.

As for the 120/70, I only mentioned it because I think its a good base line to use. Not saying for one second that if your BP is not 120/70 there is something wrong, far from it, merely that is a good place to start if you need to get your head round all those numbers xx

Oh right, sorry perhaps I am misinformed, I used to work in a pharmacy and we used to focus more on the bottom number when we did BP checks, but perhaps its all changed now, that was a few years ago.

As for the 120/70, I only mentioned it because I think its a good base line to use. Not saying for one second that if your BP is not 120/70 there is something wrong, far from it, merely that is a good place to start if you need to get your head round all those numbers xx

weird, i only work on wards in hospitals so never actually thought what others use - although makes sense different ppl would use different ones - otherwise why bother recording both lol. sorry if i sounded like i was bein funny. xxx

As long as I am alive, breathing and talking...

... well, I know I'm okay :D

well if you work in a hospital, I'd be more inclined to believe you rather than me hee hee!

Steffy, I like that positive attitude! x

I'm sure that many people wish I would stop talking though haha x

My normal bp prepg is usually around 124/80.. Was when i was pg my son as well. Its been on the lower side before but last time was 117/75 or something like that. Jus strange, never had this with my son :wacko:

may just be to do with the pregnancy hun but u can book to go get it checked by the nurse at ur gps. id give ur midwife or gp a call just to double check because without being able see u and do other tests its too difficult for anyone on here to know whats going on. dont let it worry u though hunni. low bp is very common in pregnancy and can cause dizziness but ur best to double check. xxx

Ive taken 2 paracetamol but this damn headache wont budge :( ive had it nearly 7hrs now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->